I'm so mad

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I have a dual enrolled high schooler and he just got a text from his academic advisor that he's not eligible to take English 102 because he got a d in English 101. My son is baffled. I had him bring me his laptop and show me his grades and he has 1 assignment he got a 75 on everything else is 85-100. What the heck!
His other class this semester he really enjoyed and it had a ton of extra credit so his grades are like 88/80. He got a B! How???
On top of that one of his classes last semester he got an 86 in just dropped from a b to a c. I mean how does that even happen? I saw his final grades last semester so I know he isn't lying to me. His other class last semester he got an 88 in and it is still a b.
I'm so mad I could scream. This school already charged me an additional $60 because they charged him for online access to something he didn't even need and they didn't feel like correcting their mistake. The instructor for the class didn't even know about it.
I may just encourage him to take a trade school route after this. It's just ridiculous.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

And his midterm, final, and major essays he got 95-100 on it was a small written response he got his 75 on. So it's not because of how things are weighted either.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Schedule a sit down with the advisor. Also double check that the grades are accurate. For some colleges they have an option to see only graded assignments vs all assignments and if you're only looking at graded assignments that can significantly affect the end of term grade.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Call the teacher… he probably got your kid mixed up with a different kid and this can be fixed
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 3:25 pm Schedule a sit down with the advisor. Also double check that the grades are accurate. For some colleges they have an option to see only graded assignments vs all assignments and if you're only looking at graded assignments that can significantly affect the end of term grade.
It's showing all grades. He texted him back his grades for each assignment and is waiting for a response.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 3:25 pm Call the teacher… he probably got your kid mixed up with a different kid and this can be fixed
I don't have that information. I'm trying to guide my son through handling it but I'll step in if needed.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Are the numbers you're looking at percentages? Or points? Does he have any missing assignments that you haven't factored in?
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I would be upset too. I hope your son is able to get everything sorted out.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 4:29 pm Are the numbers you're looking at percentages? Or points? Does he have any missing assignments that you haven't factored in?
I'm looking at points out of 100 so technically the percentage is the same as the points. No missing assignments.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 4:34 pm I would be upset too. I hope your son is able to get everything sorted out.
Thanks
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic