Joe Biden expresses regret over 'you ain't black' comments

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

SouthernIslander wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 1:36 am
Mommamia wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 9:15 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 1:20 am

Thanks for proving my point. The “well it’s true” bullshit isn’t an excuse to make a generalized and bigoted comment towards a group of people. And I have that same energy when people on the left say the exact same shit about the south/red states because they don’t like Trump.

You’re sitting here bashing Biden and posting about how Black people feel about it. Yet you’re making excuses for Trump’s racist mouth, apparently you didn’t listen to large number of Black people who were offended by it, much less care why Trump has a low approval rating amongst Black voters.

To Jess’ point, you can have your opinion but you’re not Black to tell us how that comment should have been interpreted or these worn out arguments as if we shouldn't have a problem with what Trump said. That’s not your place.

We can check Biden without interference or opinions from people who are just using us for selfish political reasons and only listen to us when it helps you fight with liberals.

Both comments are disgusting and wrong.
You do't get to tell me or anyone else what we can take offense at. It's not your place. You all can rip into Trump day after day and that's OK. We rip into a sick old man who has always said offensive racist shit and that's not OK. You do realize, don't you, that if by some miracle Biden won, he would only be the puppet, not the puppet master.

It's not racist pointing out how if Hillary Clinton would win the election, nothing would improve for black Americans and other minorities. It's not racist saying how bad the schools are in minority communities It's not racist talking about the then high unemployment rate for black Americans. It's not racist to then say "what do you have to lose?" if you vote for him. The situation for black America certainly couldn't get much worse. You can thank the Democrats for the situation over the last 100 years, starting with Woodrow Wilson.

Apparently you haven't checked any polls in regards to black voters and Trump. Earlier this year, he has had as high as 30% approval among blacks. Could be they appreciate the fact that black employment is the highest in history, prior to the pandemic. That's saying a lot a lot when you consider that black's have always been pretty much Democrat. Lord only knows why.
All due respect, its ridiculous to get on here bashing Biden for being racist and quoting Black people who fit your narrative but spin yourself sick making excuses for Trump and get biggity with me because I’m not a Black voter saying what you want to hear.

I meant what I said. You are not Black. You do not know what it’s like to be Black. Your knowledge of Black politics doesn’t go past your partisan views nor are you trying to learn. Neither your vote or opinion counts towards Biden or Trump’s Black approval rating.

You can talk yourself blue in the face about the reasons YOU feel WE should overlook Trump’s behavior or pretend it doesn’t exist, how awful you think the left is and worry about the reasons why a lot of Black people vote Democrat.

You will never have the authority to tell me or anyone other Black person where our place is on this topic or what we don’t get to do and its not a productive way to encourage Black people to vote Republican.

You don’t run shit over here but your damn mouth.
LMAO, I never thought you were a crude person.....now? I'm not trying to tell you or any one who they should vote for. If by posting the truth about Biden, since the MSM doesn't, causes just one person to change their mind about voting for him, then I and others have accomplished something. If my posts bother you, that's easy to fix. DON'T read them.
Deleted User 203

Quorra2.0 wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 12:46 pm
AZLizardLady wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 12:01 am
Quorra2.0 wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 10:46 am

It’s a good possibility, fortunately and unfortunately, we can’t see inside another person’s mind to know whether it’s self realization or whether it’s public pressure.

I plan to vote in November, I haven’t decided if I can throw away my ideology enough to vote the lesser of two evils this time or if I’ll just do a write in.
I didn't vote in the last presidential election but was going to in this one...I was actually going to vote in President Trump for a second term despite my issues I have with him.

However, I am so disgusted by how politics has played a ridiculously high role during this horrible pandemic and both parties (IMO) are responsible for that, that I am doing a repeat of 2016.
This is the time in which we, as a nation need to put aside our differences. This is a time when we, as a nation, need to step away from the me mentality. This is a time when we, as a nation, need to work together. The majority, at least those babbling the loudest, from the bipartisan parties, preach it but don’t live it. They’re more concerned about it being an election year than they really care about the people. It’s not a contest. I don’t believe they have the best interest of the people or this nation at heart.
Completely in agreement.

I think many if not the majority of politicians from both parties have forgotten about the people that put them in the positions they're in right now as our lawmakers and leaders here in the U.S.

The competition of WHO is the better party, WHO is doing more for the country, and WHO is the more intelligent of the two major parties has reached (IMO) an embarrassing level. And it does nothing more than continue to divide this country.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Mommamia wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 9:45 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 1:36 am
Mommamia wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 9:15 pm

You do't get to tell me or anyone else what we can take offense at. It's not your place. You all can rip into Trump day after day and that's OK. We rip into a sick old man who has always said offensive racist shit and that's not OK. You do realize, don't you, that if by some miracle Biden won, he would only be the puppet, not the puppet master.

It's not racist pointing out how if Hillary Clinton would win the election, nothing would improve for black Americans and other minorities. It's not racist saying how bad the schools are in minority communities It's not racist talking about the then high unemployment rate for black Americans. It's not racist to then say "what do you have to lose?" if you vote for him. The situation for black America certainly couldn't get much worse. You can thank the Democrats for the situation over the last 100 years, starting with Woodrow Wilson.

Apparently you haven't checked any polls in regards to black voters and Trump. Earlier this year, he has had as high as 30% approval among blacks. Could be they appreciate the fact that black employment is the highest in history, prior to the pandemic. That's saying a lot a lot when you consider that black's have always been pretty much Democrat. Lord only knows why.
All due respect, its ridiculous to get on here bashing Biden for being racist and quoting Black people who fit your narrative but spin yourself sick making excuses for Trump and get biggity with me because I’m not a Black voter saying what you want to hear.

I meant what I said. You are not Black. You do not know what it’s like to be Black. Your knowledge of Black politics doesn’t go past your partisan views nor are you trying to learn. Neither your vote or opinion counts towards Biden or Trump’s Black approval rating.

You can talk yourself blue in the face about the reasons YOU feel WE should overlook Trump’s behavior or pretend it doesn’t exist, how awful you think the left is and worry about the reasons why a lot of Black people vote Democrat.

You will never have the authority to tell me or anyone other Black person where our place is on this topic or what we don’t get to do and its not a productive way to encourage Black people to vote Republican.

You don’t run shit over here but your damn mouth.
LMAO, I never thought you were a crude person.....now? I'm not trying to tell you or any one who they should vote for. If by posting the truth about Biden, since the MSM doesn't, causes just one person to change their mind about voting for him, then I and others have accomplished something. If my posts bother you, that's easy to fix. DON'T read them.
It’s okay if you think I’m crude or whatever, I don’t take stuff like that personal online and no thanks I’ll keep reading and speak my mind if I feel the need too.

😂😂😂😂😂 Your logic isn’t going to make anyone change their mind and vote for Trump like magic. You can throw Biden under the bus all you want, that’s not going to erase Trump’s racist mouth that you make excuses for.
Deleted User 1583

SouthernIslander wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 6:42 pm
LittleMermaid wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 4:38 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 2:42 pm

I’ll respond to this because I was the one who mentioned Stacy Abrams in this thread. I think we have made it clear to Biden that his VP pick can make or break him because we have been reading between the lines since he decided to run for President. We don’t need you to school us on that. 😊

Actually, I didnt notice you mention her but I think I saw at least 3 people mention her in just this post but also in general dems EVERYWHERE on social media seem to think shes the front runner. I also don't need democrats to "school" me on Trump but they do it 24/7 so I will continue to post whatever I want about uncle joe. Obviously you were unaware of this video so not sure why you're offended I posted evidence that he's not picking her? I realize that the majority of black voters (not all) are going to vote for biden regardless of anything he does, that's their choice. #metoo feminists are going to vote no matter what also. the NY times had a piece title, "I believe tara reade but I am voting for biden anyway." to be fair, most trump supporters arent going to consider any smears against trump either. (but we never claimed that guilty until proven innocent is the standard like they did) Regardless, I will always point out the extreme hypocrisy on the left for swing voters (black,white, brown) who have open minds. It seems you have some issue with people posting anything involving black people and politics on here? its weird because Joe biden is the one who deemed black people "his" and started this discusssion and despite the left claiming black conservatives are uncle Toms, they do exist and are a part of the right,. We can discuss whatever we want, its not off the table because we're not black. Black and white liberals have no issue discussing trump and white conservatives, calling us dumb trailer trash rubes while also telling us we vote against our own interests so I fail to see what the difference is.

And I wouldn’t be so quick to call anyone pathetic if I were you. It has been either radio silence or pushback from conservatives when it comes to Charlemagne’s complaints about Trump or political views they don’t agree with FOR YEARS.

But now all of a sudden he is the voice of Black voters?

GTFOH. 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Yeah, it is pathetic Biden is going to ignore black voters he takes for granted and pander to white voters he considers deplorables because he NEEDS them. Ironically, Obama did the same by picking Biden as VP. He was trying to gain the support of those racist white deplorables.

I never said this dude represents all black voters, I said "countless" people, obviously a portion of his listeners. He is speaking on behalf of others which is why when he confronted Biden he said "us". why are you so triggered? do you think nonwhites shouldn't be allowed to discuss white voters and the things candidates say about them?
That worn out “triggered” rebuttal doesn’t fly with me. I’m sick of both sides exploiting Black people and our issues for political gain/partisan conflict. I will never tolerate that quietly as it is disrespectful and insulting our intelligence.

I did not say white people can’t discuss Black politics and I am not saying a damn thing I haven’t done myself. When people were bashing white women for voting for Trump, I didn’t make excuses for it or minimize the problems they had with it just because I don’t like Trump. I have no clue what it’s like to be a White woman so it wasn’t my place or fight to pick. And its not my problem if you don’t grasp that concept.

I didn’t say “all” black voters in my response to you. You can not deny that conservatives hasn’t given a damn about Charlemagne’s “demands” until now. Hell, you can’t even say the man’s damn name.

Bottom line, if Biden is so wrong, why has many on the right catastrophically failed at holding Trump accountable for comments we found blatantly racist instead excuses for it?
what makes you think I cant say "Charlemagne"? lol. Of course I can, he's named after a very famous European emperor, its a well known name.

I don't think you understand that issue conservatives have is simply the hypocrisy of the democrats. 1st with the cognitive decline of biden (they claimed trump was senile lol and tried to invoke the 25th amendment), then the #metoo tara reade situation, they tried to destroy Kavanaugh's nomination and called trump a rapist) then Joe's quid pro quo with eukraine and now this racist comment. - all of these things democrats claim trump did, they felt disqualified him for office. But they have no problem when its their guy. and I still wouldnt give a shit if it were JUST their double standard opinion but it didn't end there. They tried to undo an election using these excuses. they impeached him for something their guy admits to doing on tape, so of course we are not going to sit idly by after the shit they've pulled. when the MSM and democrats in gov use this crap to undermine trump over and over again, including wasting millions of dollars and time on the russia collusion hoax, winning the house in 2018 because of it, we are going to point it out and expose them for the fake opportunists they are.

I personally don't think trump has said anything racist. If you want to name an example I will discuss it. but conservatives accept the actual dictionary's definition of racism, not the democrats' made up definition from marxist college professors- so we will probably disagree there.

Here is my question to you, if Trump had said what biden said, would democrats treat him the same way? do you think its racist to say people of a certain race must vote a certain way or else they are not members of their race?
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

MonarchMom wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 8:54 am
SouthernIslander wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 2:05 am
Valentina327 wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 4:59 pm

LOL
It was definitely difficult to tell which was worse in 2016. That's for damned sure. I'm still stunned that out of 327 million people this is our best and brightest.
I think 2020 is gonna be worse TBH. I hate nasty elections and is already a shit show.
The fact that the GOP and campaign activists are pounding away at this one statement tells you how desperate they are to discourage voter turnout. They have nothing good to run on, no real accomplishments and plenty of serious problems, failings and ethics violations. So they try to amplify any small error into a large story - you will hear about this over and over from the campaign trail.
Do you know the meaning of delusional thinking? Here, I'll post it for you....

Delusions are fixed and false personal beliefs that are resistant to change in the light of conflicting evidence.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

LittleMermaid wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 1:19 am

Yeah, it is pathetic Biden is going to ignore black voters he takes for granted and pander to white voters he considers deplorables because he NEEDS them. Ironically, Obama did the same by picking Biden as VP. He was trying to gain the support of those racist white deplorables.

I never said this dude represents all black voters, I said "countless" people, obviously a portion of his listeners. He is speaking on behalf of others which is why when he confronted Biden he said "us". why are you so triggered? do you think nonwhites shouldn't be allowed to discuss white voters and the things candidates say about them?
That worn out “triggered” rebuttal doesn’t fly with me. I’m sick of both sides exploiting Black people and our issues for political gain/partisan conflict. I will never tolerate that quietly as it is disrespectful and insulting our intelligence.

I did not say white people can’t discuss Black politics and I am not saying a damn thing I haven’t done myself. When people were bashing white women for voting for Trump, I didn’t make excuses for it or minimize the problems they had with it just because I don’t like Trump. I have no clue what it’s like to be a White woman so it wasn’t my place or fight to pick. And its not my problem if you don’t grasp that concept.

I didn’t say “all” black voters in my response to you. You can not deny that conservatives hasn’t given a damn about Charlemagne’s “demands” until now. Hell, you can’t even say the man’s damn name.

Bottom line, if Biden is so wrong, why has many on the right catastrophically failed at holding Trump accountable for comments we found blatantly racist instead excuses for it?
what makes you think I cant say "Charlemagne"? lol. Of course I can, he's named after a very famous European emperor, its a well known name.

I don't think you understand that issue conservatives have is simply the hypocrisy of the democrats. 1st with the cognitive decline of biden (they claimed trump was senile lol and tried to invoke the 25th amendment), then the #metoo tara reade situation, they tried to destroy Kavanaugh's nomination and called trump a rapist) then Joe's quid pro quo with eukraine and now this racist comment. - all of these things democrats claim trump did, they felt disqualified him for office. But they have no problem when its their guy. and I still wouldnt give a shit if it were JUST their double standard opinion but it didn't end there. They tried to undo an election using these excuses. they impeached him for something their guy admits to doing on tape, so of course we are not going to sit idly by after the shit they've pulled. when the MSM and democrats in gov use this crap to undermine trump over and over again, including wasting millions of dollars and time on the russia collusion hoax, winning the house in 2018 because of it, we are going to point it out and expose them for the fake opportunists they are.

I personally don't think trump has said anything racist. If you want to name an example I will discuss it. but conservatives accept the actual dictionary's definition of racism, not the democrats' made up definition from marxist college professors- so we will probably disagree there.

Here is my question to you, if Trump had said what biden said, would democrats treat him the same way? do you think its racist to say people of a certain race must vote a certain way or else they are not members of their race?
I’m not sure how long you’ve been in this group but I have the same energy when the left does stuff like this. I have gotten into several heated debates over liberals making generalized statements calling red states uneducated, poor, on welfare, etc. I didn’t accept “well it’s true” as an excuse to make bigoted comments about the south.

Same applies to Trump when he made that same generalizing comment about Black people and I am not accepting “well it’s true” to make a racist comment about Black people. And this isn’t the only thing racist remark he has made and has yet to apologize to the minority voters he offended over the last 4 years.

Both have made insulting and condescending comments towards Black voters. So, again , If Biden was so wrong then why hasn’t the right listened to the Black voters and held Trump accountable for his behavior?

You can’t have it both ways. You can’t call out the hypocrisy on one side but make excuses for your own.
Della
Princess
Princess

LittleMermaid wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 1:19 am

Which dictionary and definition is that?
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Fliptopz4
Countess
Countess

WellPreserved wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 8:54 pm
Mommamia wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 8:48 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 8:27 pm

I like Stacy Abrams. I am bias because she is very grass roots Mississippi but she is my favorite possible right now. :-)
Surely there are better choices than the woman who lost the election for GA governor, claimed she won, and refused to concede. She's still claiming she won.

Biden has been making racist remarks for decades, yet he gets a pass. Dems just respond to his cracks....."Oh that's just Joe". Reminds me of when family members laugh off their crazy uncle's remarks, pretending that's just normal behavior for people.
You do know that Abrams has a political career beyond just the 2018 gubernatorial election?
Yes for 10 years she was in the Georgia General Assembly Where she managed to accomplish nothing.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

MonarchMom wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 8:54 am
SouthernIslander wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 2:05 am
Valentina327 wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 4:59 pm

LOL
It was definitely difficult to tell which was worse in 2016. That's for damned sure. I'm still stunned that out of 327 million people this is our best and brightest.
I think 2020 is gonna be worse TBH. I hate nasty elections and is already a shit show.
The fact that the GOP and campaign activists are pounding away at this one statement tells you how desperate they are to discourage voter turnout. They have nothing good to run on, no real accomplishments and plenty of serious problems, failings and ethics violations. So they try to amplify any small error into a large story - you will hear about this over and over from the campaign trail.
Sorry, I’m late responding. Trump knows his base with vote for him no matter how awful he behaves but there are more people who wont vote at all if Joe becomes too much of a moral conflict, if that makes sense. Plus, he doesn’t really need the Black vote, so he doesn’t care if we know he is full of shit and racist as hell too.

It’s crazy.
Locked Previous topicNext topic