Joe Biden expresses regret over 'you ain't black' comments

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 4:59 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 3:13 pm
Valentina327 wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 2:09 pm

You're absolutely right. It's damned insulting is what it is. What I'm hoping people consider when deciding to vote isn't pandering and lip service, but a person's actual record.

-Opportunity zones that now have billions directed toward them to assist the underserved
-Bringing internet connectivity to undeserved areas which assists with access for school kids
-Permanently providing ongoing funding to historically black universities
-Prison reform
-401K portability

I'm missing things but those are the ones that come to mind over the last 3 years.

I'm not sure what Biden has done in his 40.
I may be wrong and I can’t speak for all but I think most Black voters will either vote for Biden or sit this one out. If Biden picks a candidate we don’t like or continues to make comments like this, he is done and turn out will be low. I don’t think a lot of us will ever see Trump as the lesser of two evils enough to vote for him.
LOL
It was definitely difficult to tell which was worse in 2016. That's for damned sure. I'm still stunned that out of 327 million people this is our best and brightest.
I think 2020 is gonna be worse TBH. I hate nasty elections and this is already a shit show.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 2:05 am
SouthernIslander wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 3:13 pm

I may be wrong and I can’t speak for all but I think most Black voters will either vote for Biden or sit this one out. If Biden picks a candidate we don’t like or continues to make comments like this, he is done and turn out will be low. I don’t think a lot of us will ever see Trump as the lesser of two evils enough to vote for him.
LOL
It was definitely difficult to tell which was worse in 2016. That's for damned sure. I'm still stunned that out of 327 million people this is our best and brightest.
I think 2020 is gonna be worse TBH. I hate nasty elections and is already a shit show.
The fact that the GOP and campaign activists are pounding away at this one statement tells you how desperate they are to discourage voter turnout. They have nothing good to run on, no real accomplishments and plenty of serious problems, failings and ethics violations. So they try to amplify any small error into a large story - you will hear about this over and over from the campaign trail.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

AZLizardLady wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 12:01 am
Quorra2.0 wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 10:46 am
AZLizardLady wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 2:11 am Biden is just like Trump in that both suffer from foot-in-mouth disease.

While I don't support Biden and won't be voting....period...in November, I do feel that Biden's apology and admittance of essentially going too far is refreshing and unlike our beloved current President.

However, count me as another that believes that had there not been a stink made about Biden's comments, it would have been brushed under the rug by the Democrats and ignored by the former VP and his camp.
It’s a good possibility, fortunately and unfortunately, we can’t see inside another person’s mind to know whether it’s self realization or whether it’s public pressure.

I plan to vote in November, I haven’t decided if I can throw away my ideology enough to vote the lesser of two evils this time or if I’ll just do a write in.
I didn't vote in the last presidential election but was going to in this one...I was actually going to vote in President Trump for a second term despite my issues I have with him.

However, I am so disgusted by how politics has played a ridiculously high role during this horrible pandemic and both parties (IMO) are responsible for that, that I am doing a repeat of 2016.
This is the time in which we, as a nation need to put aside our differences. This is a time when we, as a nation, need to step away from the me mentality. This is a time when we, as a nation, need to work together. The majority, at least those babbling the loudest, from the bipartisan parties, preach it but don’t live it. They’re more concerned about it being an election year than they really care about the people. It’s not a contest. I don’t believe they have the best interest of the people or this nation at heart.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

LittleMermaid wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 1:57 pm FOR THOSE WHO CAN'T READ BETWEEN THE LINES AND ARE STILL hoping Stacey Abrams will get the VP nom, pretty sure its not going to happen. Biden already hinted that by stating he'd put in a black SCOTUS justice. Thats his dog whistle right there. then it became more apparent the other day with this clip.

What happened here with uncle Joe is a black radio host representing countless black voters put him on the spot with a DEMAND. Well, uncle Joe takes the black vote for granted and wasn't expecting that so he lashed out by threatening them, either vote for me with zero promises or concessions on my end or else orange hitler will put you in camps.

You're getting amy klobuchar or some other white chick because Joe wants to court rural white voters and in his demented mind he thinks they're all racist deplorables but by golly he needs them to win.

pretty pathetic.
I’ll respond to this because I was the one who mentioned Stacy Abrams in this thread. I think we have made it clear to Biden that his VP pick can make or break him because we have been reading between the lines since he decided to run for President. We don’t need you to school us on that. 😊

And I wouldn’t be so quick to call anyone pathetic if I were you. It has been either radio silence or pushback from conservatives when it comes to Charlemagne’s complaints about Trump or political views they don’t agree with FOR YEARS.

But now all of a sudden he is the voice of Black voters?

GTFOH. 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 8:54 am

LOL
I think 2020 is gonna be worse TBH. I hate nasty elections and is already a shit show.
The fact that the GOP and campaign activists are pounding away at this one statement tells you how desperate they are to discourage voter turnout. They have nothing good to run on, no real accomplishments and plenty of serious problems, failings and ethics violations. So they try to amplify any small error into a large story - you will hear about this over and over from the campaign trail.
Lord, I agree. Trump is actually stupid enough to think we want to see a bunch of his supporters wearing a “You ain’t Black” T-shirt and make money off of something he knows we found offensive.

He needs to leave this alone but he won’t because he can’t resist being messy and childish at our expense. It’s all about trolling for him.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Quorra2.0 wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 12:46 pm
AZLizardLady wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 12:01 am
Quorra2.0 wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 10:46 am

It’s a good possibility, fortunately and unfortunately, we can’t see inside another person’s mind to know whether it’s self realization or whether it’s public pressure.

I plan to vote in November, I haven’t decided if I can throw away my ideology enough to vote the lesser of two evils this time or if I’ll just do a write in.
I didn't vote in the last presidential election but was going to in this one...I was actually going to vote in President Trump for a second term despite my issues I have with him.

However, I am so disgusted by how politics has played a ridiculously high role during this horrible pandemic and both parties (IMO) are responsible for that, that I am doing a repeat of 2016.
This is the time in which we, as a nation need to put aside our differences. This is a time when we, as a nation, need to step away from the me mentality. This is a time when we, as a nation, need to work together. The majority, at least those babbling the loudest, from the bipartisan parties, preach it but don’t live it. They’re more concerned about it being an election year than they really care about the people. It’s not a contest. I don’t believe they have the best interest of the people or this nation at heart.
This is exactly the problem and we all get caught up in this spin cycle of partisan selfishness and fighting.
Deleted User 1583

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 2:42 pm
LittleMermaid wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 1:57 pm FOR THOSE WHO CAN'T READ BETWEEN THE LINES AND ARE STILL hoping Stacey Abrams will get the VP nom, pretty sure its not going to happen. Biden already hinted that by stating he'd put in a black SCOTUS justice. Thats his dog whistle right there. then it became more apparent the other day with this clip.

What happened here with uncle Joe is a black radio host representing countless black voters put him on the spot with a DEMAND. Well, uncle Joe takes the black vote for granted and wasn't expecting that so he lashed out by threatening them, either vote for me with zero promises or concessions on my end or else orange hitler will put you in camps.

You're getting amy klobuchar or some other white chick because Joe wants to court rural white voters and in his demented mind he thinks they're all racist deplorables but by golly he needs them to win.

pretty pathetic.
I’ll respond to this because I was the one who mentioned Stacy Abrams in this thread. I think we have made it clear to Biden that his VP pick can make or break him because we have been reading between the lines since he decided to run for President. We don’t need you to school us on that. 😊

Actually, I didnt notice you mention her but I think I saw at least 3 people mention her in just this post but also in general dems EVERYWHERE on social media seem to think shes the front runner. I also don't need democrats to "school" me on Trump but they do it 24/7 so I will continue to post whatever I want about uncle joe. Obviously you were unaware of this video so not sure why you're offended I posted evidence that he's not picking her? I realize that the majority of black voters (not all) are going to vote for biden regardless of anything he does, that's their choice. #metoo feminists are going to vote no matter what also. the NY times had a piece title, "I believe tara reade but I am voting for biden anyway." to be fair, most trump supporters arent going to consider any smears against trump either. (but we never claimed that guilty until proven innocent is the standard like they did) Regardless, I will always point out the extreme hypocrisy on the left for swing voters (black,white, brown) who have open minds. It seems you have some issue with people posting anything involving black people and politics on here? its weird because Joe biden is the one who deemed black people "his" and started this discusssion and despite the left claiming black conservatives are uncle Toms, they do exist and are a part of the right,. We can discuss whatever we want, its not off the table because we're not black. Black and white liberals have no issue discussing trump and white conservatives, calling us dumb trailer trash rubes while also telling us we vote against our own interests so I fail to see what the difference is.

And I wouldn’t be so quick to call anyone pathetic if I were you. It has been either radio silence or pushback from conservatives when it comes to Charlemagne’s complaints about Trump or political views they don’t agree with FOR YEARS.

GTFOH. 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Yeah, it is pathetic Biden is going to ignore black voters he takes for granted and pander to white voters he considers deplorables because he NEEDS them. Ironically, Obama did the same by picking Biden as VP. He was trying to gain the support of those racist white deplorables.

I never said this dude represents all black voters, I said "countless" people, obviously a portion of his listeners. He is speaking on behalf of others which is why when he confronted Biden he said "us". why are you so triggered? do you think nonwhites shouldn't be allowed to discuss white voters and the things candidates say about them?
Deleted User 1583

Unread post

LOL
This is super funny since the left has demonized trump for literally everything he does. Let's see a few examples of innocuous shit dems consider scandals:

2 scoops of ice cream- triggered
sharpie gate - triggered
serving fast food to a sports team- triggered
shoveling dirt on earth day- triggered
dancing with his wife- triggered
his child being distracted- triggered
taking Hydroxy-cholorquine prescribed by his doctor- triggered
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

LittleMermaid wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 4:38 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 2:42 pm

pretty pathetic.

Actually, I didnt notice you mention her but I think I saw at least 3 people mention her in just this post but also in general dems EVERYWHERE on social media seem to think shes the front runner. I also don't need democrats to "school" me on Trump but they do it 24/7 so I will continue to post whatever I want about uncle joe. Obviously you were unaware of this video so not sure why you're offended I posted evidence that he's not picking her? I realize that the majority of black voters (not all) are going to vote for biden regardless of anything he does, that's their choice. #metoo feminists are going to vote no matter what also. the NY times had a piece title, "I believe tara reade but I am voting for biden anyway." to be fair, most trump supporters arent going to consider any smears against trump either. (but we never claimed that guilty until proven innocent is the standard like they did) Regardless, I will always point out the extreme hypocrisy on the left for swing voters (black,white, brown) who have open minds. It seems you have some issue with people posting anything involving black people and politics on here? its weird because Joe biden is the one who deemed black people "his" and started this discusssion and despite the left claiming black conservatives are uncle Toms, they do exist and are a part of the right,. We can discuss whatever we want, its not off the table because we're not black. Black and white liberals have no issue discussing trump and white conservatives, calling us dumb trailer trash rubes while also telling us we vote against our own interests so I fail to see what the difference is.

GTFOH. 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Yeah, it is pathetic Biden is going to ignore black voters he takes for granted and pander to white voters he considers deplorables because he NEEDS them. Ironically, Obama did the same by picking Biden as VP. He was trying to gain the support of those racist white deplorables.

I never said this dude represents all black voters, I said "countless" people, obviously a portion of his listeners. He is speaking on behalf of others which is why when he confronted Biden he said "us". why are you so triggered? do you think nonwhites shouldn't be allowed to discuss white voters and the things candidates say about them?
That worn out “triggered” rebuttal doesn’t fly with me. I’m sick of both sides exploiting Black people and our issues for political gain/partisan conflict. I will never tolerate that quietly as it is disrespectful and insulting our intelligence.

I did not say white people can’t discuss Black politics and I am not saying a damn thing I haven’t done myself. When people were bashing white women for voting for Trump, I didn’t make excuses for it or minimize the problems they had with it just because I don’t like Trump. I have no clue what it’s like to be a White woman so it wasn’t my place or fight to pick. And its not my problem if you don’t grasp that concept.

I didn’t say “all” black voters in my response to you. You can not deny that conservatives hasn’t given a damn about Charlemagne’s “demands” until now. Hell, you can’t even say the man’s damn name.

Bottom line, if Biden is so wrong, why has many on the right catastrophically failed at holding Trump accountable for comments we found blatantly racist instead excuses for it?
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 3:13 pm

Lord, I agree. Trump is actually stupid enough to think we want to see a bunch of his supporters wearing a “You ain’t Black” T-shirt and make money off of something he knows we found offensive.

He needs to leave this alone but he won’t because he can’t resist being messy and childish at our expense. It’s all about trolling for him.
Interesting how many conservatives are outraged that Biden may have insulted black voters with a comment. Where was this outrage when a black jogger was shot during a "citizen's arrest" and there was a police cover up? Or when a black women was shot by police in her own home through her window? Or the 68 year old women thrown to the ground when security thought she was stealing a TV she already purchased?

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/nation ... story.html

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-50032290
Locked Previous topicNext topic