Big family/small space/little kids: Heavy chairs or folding chairs?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:16 pm Is there a nearby closet you lock the stools in?
Yes. The patio is right off the living area of the space, and has a locked storage closet. Thank you so much. I hadn't thought about that. It definitely will make setting the table more of a PITA, but that was already going to happen if I had chairs hung on the walls.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:58 am Then, I'm at a loss for other ideas. Maybe hire a mother's helper?
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:37 am
Anonymous 3 wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:26 am If the space is really small, I definitely would not put in one of those all-in-one table booths. To keep the little kids from sliding furniture, climbing up on furniture, and getting into things that you don't want them into, I'd find a way to keep them completely out of that area...

Either an accordion door:

or a pocket door:
I don't want to keep them out of the floor space.
The babysitter has had the same problem.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Have the babysitter bring a friend with her to help her???
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:16 pm
Anonymous 3 wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:58 am Then, I'm at a loss for other ideas. Maybe hire a mother's helper?
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:37 am
I don't want to keep them out of the floor space.
The babysitter has had the same problem.
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 2:21 pm I can think of a few options.

A) Try to find child proof locks that all the older kids can use, and make sure they actually use them. Or have everyone else help the child that needs help with the locks until they can do it on their own.

B) Stack the stools in a closet or garage when not in use. Put a child lock on the closet, if necessary.

C) Get a heavy bench that can be pushed under the table when not in use. That should be harder for the little kids to move around.

I’m laughing at myself right now. I read the second sentence of B about 5 times before I figured out you weren’t telling her to lock her child in a closet. Although, in theory, I guess that would work.
Locked Previous topicNext topic