Big family/small space/little kids: Heavy chairs or folding chairs?

Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:34 pm I'm glad SOMEBODY said that! I was thinking the same. I mean...Is this a kitchen? A side room? I've had the exact scenario in my home: 4 kids under the age of 9. I don't know that I fully grasp what her entire dilemma is? Is she running a daycare out of her home? Why can't the room be off limits to these kids?
LuckyEightWow wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:13 pm I’m gonna be honest.

I have no clue what your actually asking.
I would either put the stacking chairs elsewhere or tell all the kids use them to climb where you don't belong and die. Babysitters and dh should be able to watch them.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

I can think of a few options.

A) Try to find child proof locks that all the older kids can use, and make sure they actually use them. Or have everyone else help the child that needs help with the locks until they can do it on their own.

B) Stack the stools in a closet or garage when not in use. Put a child lock on the closet, if necessary.

C) Get a heavy bench that can be pushed under the table when not in use. That should be harder for the little kids to move around.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

This. :twisted:
Pjmm wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 2:06 pm
Anonymous 3 wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:34 pm I'm glad SOMEBODY said that! I was thinking the same. I mean...Is this a kitchen? A side room? I've had the exact scenario in my home: 4 kids under the age of 9. I don't know that I fully grasp what her entire dilemma is? Is she running a daycare out of her home? Why can't the room be off limits to these kids?

I would either put the stacking chairs elsewhere or tell all the kids use them to climb where you don't belong and die. Babysitters and dh should be able to watch them.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

So little kids are using stools to get to stuff they shouldn't be touching and telling the ADULTS in the situation to watch the damn kids isn't working. Have your kids ever heard the word "NO". If the adults you are having watch the kids can't be trusted to actually watch the damn kids why the f**k do you keep leaving them with said adults? Find new people to watch your kids, tell your kids No and F***ing enforce the rules.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Is there a nearby closet you lock the stools in?
Anonymous 7

Unread post

I'd teach the olders to put their stuff away and I would teach the youngers to not touch stuff. Honestly it sounds like a lack of parenting.
Conweis
Regent
Regent

Unread post

There are some really nice folding stools you could try. They are used in RV and Tiny homes.
Emmasmom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I don't understand why you'd get embarrassed over folding chairs
Anonymous 1

Unread post

There's nowhere else for them to go except outside. It's the open living space. Like a great room, if a great room was small. It's where everyone eats, does homework, watches TV, does puzzles, plays video games, plays board games, goes on the computer, builds train tracks, plays with the dollhouse, even sleeps.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 7 wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:21 pm I'd teach the olders to put their stuff away and I would teach the youngers to not touch stuff. Honestly it sounds like a lack of parenting.
Like I said, it's a problem for DH, grandparents, and the babysitter in addition to me. I could get my eight year old to put things up high, but that's not good enough. And he can't open cabinets that are childproofed.
Locked Previous topicNext topic