Starbucks barista writes 'Pig' on police officer's cup

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 203

hockeymom87 wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:42 pm
AZLizardLady wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:10 pm
msb64 wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:54 am

From the article posted:

"In the coming days, Starbucks will be meeting with the Kiefer Police Department to begin discussing ways to work together, including a jointly hosted Coffee with a Cop event at Starbucks where local law enforcement can meet with baristas and members of the community to discuss the critical role dispatchers and police [officers] play in keeping our communities safe," the company said.

"Together with law enforcement agencies, Starbucks will jointly look for educational opportunities for our partners across the United States to promote better understanding and respect," it added.

What more do you think Starbucks should do after this incident?
Setting up new policies and looking into ways to improve overall CSR skills and educate employees on learning to be more respectful is always welcome.

However, I've stated what I feel this particular employee should face....termination.

Let this situation hopefully be a lesson for future employees at Starbucks.
She apparently was fired and the police officer wants them to reconsider firing her. That sounds like a good guy.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytime ... p.amp.html
He's definitely a good guy and nicer than I am or would be.
hockeymom87
Regent
Regent

AZLizardLady wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:49 pm

Setting up new policies and looking into ways to improve overall CSR skills and educate employees on learning to be more respectful is always welcome.

However, I've stated what I feel this particular employee should face....termination.

She apparently was fired and the police officer wants them to reconsider firing her. That sounds like a good guy.

I would hope that I would be a bigger person like him. But I probably wouldn’t be. Play stupid games win stupid prizes.
Deleted User 203

hockeymom87 wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:40 am

I would hope that I would be a bigger person like him. But I probably wouldn’t be. Play stupid games win stupid prizes.
There are amazing customer service reps out there in so many different business fields.

It's not hard at all to be polite, professional, and friendly. Someone else can easily fill the shoes of this Starbucks employee who decided they didn't care enough about their job or representing Starbucks to NOT put what they did on that officer's coffee cup.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

hockeymom87 wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:40 am

That is pretty stand up thing for that officer to do. I’d feel like shit if I was her...but I wouldn’t have done that in the first place.
Deleted User 276

msb64 wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:54 am

From the article posted:

"In the coming days, Starbucks will be meeting with the Kiefer Police Department to begin discussing ways to work together, including a jointly hosted Coffee with a Cop event at Starbucks where local law enforcement can meet with baristas and members of the community to discuss the critical role dispatchers and police [officers] play in keeping our communities safe," the company said.

"Together with law enforcement agencies, Starbucks will jointly look for educational opportunities for our partners across the United States to promote better understanding and respect," it added.

What more do you think Starbucks should do after this incident?

I wonder if they knew each other.
Deleted User 1393

water<wine wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:12 pm
AZLizardLady wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:29 pm They've apparently suspended this employee but honestly, I think that something like THIS mandates more than that (termination).
perhaps starbucks should close all of their stores for "sensitivity training" and make a public proclamation that all police are welcome.
I love you guys and all your perfect responses. Thank you

TRUMP 2020
Deleted User 1393

I wish it were possible to maintain a database with the names / addresses / phone numbers / etc of everyone who hates the police. THEN, when those individuals call for help the police can simply ignore their call.
Locked Previous topicNext topic