These dogs.....

Unread post

I have two dogs. One of them is mostly lab and sheds like there is no tomorrow. Any suggestions on how to keep up with all of the hair other than vacuuming daily? Any secret tips I may be missing? My other dog has a long beard and drips water for about a mile after he gets a drink of water. Any suggestions on how to keep all of that contained and cleaned so that it doesn’t ruin my hardwood floor? I know pretty boring for a new night on the new site. But I am losing my mind.
Stanleydontcare
Villein
Villein

Unread post

Not sure it keeps logging me out.....
Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Roomba will help
eyes4ears
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I feel your pain.
I had a German Shepherd husky mix, man did he shed. I never figured out any solution.
As for the water, i mived the bowl into a room that didn't have hardwood flooring and I put a rug under the elevated bowl system.
viperaberus
Peasant
Peasant

Unread post

Shave the lab down.

And trim the beard on the other. Vacuum, brush, bathe and dust.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Get a furminator deshedding blade/comb to remove the undercoat. Do it outside. You'll remove enough fur to knit yourself another dog, lol. I have a short, flat coated german shepherd and she was shedding so bad our spruce green carpet was golden brown. I took the furminator to her and the clumps of fur just came flying off of her. I did it inside since I already had to vacuum the family room and just vacuumed up afterwards. I did it again outside the next day and got more off of her. I'm probably going to have to do it several more times over the summer too.

http://www.furminator.com/products/deshed.aspx
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

No help here. I just vacuum daily. sometimes multiple times.
RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

build them a dog house outside. dogs are way too much work ugh
Bingo

Unread post

It's just dawgs...i use a puppy pad under their water bowl. ....and the hairs?
Shake...rattle and roll. ...
lots of grooming too. ...luv'em
Locked Previous topicNext topic