Texas school board votes to fire teacher who asked Trump to deport undocumented students

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

morgan wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:45 pm And that's why Trump will win in 2020.
Because of a SCOTUS decision from 1982, that his re-election will have no bearing on? Because of DACA, whose recipients him and his administration have made no effort to deport? Because of a teachers who is too stupid to know that tweets aren’t a private place to whine about illegal alien students, when she has no way of knowing who is undocumented and who isn’t?
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

This is Texas, so its very likely that at least some Trump supporters had an impact on this decision. Dallas/Forth Worth area is diverse with immigrants from all over the world. From my experience, most educators in area aren't this ignorant about immigration regardless of political leaning and don't treat children differently based on citizenship status, which drastically varies.

This decision was likely made based on what is best for the children/students, not politics. That is a good thing IMO and don't see why this would impact the 2020 election.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

YAY!!! I am so glad that this school district is breaking the stereotypes about the south and pushing the diversity that we need! <3
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

How did you arrive at that conclusion?
Please explain. I’m always fascinated by the simplicity of Trump’s supporters’ minds. It’s so cute!
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Billie.jeens wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:00 pm
morgan wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:44 pm
MonarchMom wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:40 pm

In Fort Worth every child has the right to a public education regardless of immigration status.

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/loca ... 40908.html
Yet it's illegal to be in the US illegally.

Just more reason why we need a complete overhaul. Our current system makes no sense.
Our laws are fucked in the head - no doubt.
Worse than that - we don't even follow them when we (Democrats) don't want to

Example, King Barack Hussein not following even the slightest bit of law and creating the DACA out of thin air.

The Law - Hey the law says that those illegals are supposed to be deported -
BHO - f**k the law.

Who said...

"The legalization provisions in this act will go far to improve the lives of a class of individuals who now must hide in the shadows, without access to many of the benefits of a free and open society. Very soon many of these men and women will be able to step into the sunlight and, ultimately, if they choose, they may become Americans."
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
YoYiggy
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Good.
Students will not feel respected with a teacher who tweets out sentiments like that.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Billie.jeens wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:36 pm Whosh

Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:29 pm Well, here’s the law for you:
The U.S. Supreme Court ruled in Plyler vs. Doe (457 U.S. 202 (1982)) that undocumented children and young adults have the same right to attend public primary and secondary schools as do U.S. citizens and permanent residents. Like other children, undocumented students are obliged under state law to attend school until they reach a mandated age
http://www.k12.wa.us/MigrantBilingual/I ... ights.aspx

And actually...
As a result of the Plyler ruling, public schools may not:
Require students or parents to disclose or document their immigration status.
Make inquiries of students or parents that may expose their undocumented status.
Require social security numbers from all students, as this may expose undocumented status.
So I guess that teacher was breaking the law...
Billie.jeens wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:24 pm She is comparing laws that some want us to ignore versus ones that some want us to enforce.

Either the US is a country of laws or we are not.

Sounds like a law some of you want to ignore.
306/232

Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

morgan wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:38 pm Are you seriously picking and choosing which United States laws you wish to follow? Oh wait...
Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:20 pm Are you seriously comparing undocumented immigrants to child abusers?
morgan wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:44 pm

Yet it's illegal to be in the US illegally.

Just more reason why we need a complete overhaul. Our current system makes no sense.
Are you?
306/232

Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:42 pm OMG, when will you make any sense? 😂
BTW, undocumented children have a right to an education. I’m sure you’re pissed that these disgusting brown kids have “rights” in America... but it is what it is.
morgan wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:38 pm Are you seriously picking and choosing which United States laws you wish to follow? Oh wait...
Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:20 pm Are you seriously comparing undocumented immigrants to child abusers?

NWTE

LMAO😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
306/232

morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:27 pm

Are you?
A rock chair cloud look a beer watch out hole salt
KAG
Mean Girl
Locked Previous topicNext topic