Texas school board votes to fire teacher who asked Trump to deport undocumented students

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 1186

Unread post

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watc ... -to-deport

A Texas school board on Tuesday unanimously voted to terminate a teacher who used social media to ask President Trump to deport allegedly undocumented students.

The Fort Worth Star-Telegram reported the Independent School District board voted 8-0 to terminate high school teacher Georgia Clark. The teacher had been put on paid administrative leave last week after being tied to a string of tweets asking Trump to remove the "illegals from Fort Worth."
californiagirl83
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Bye!
hotspice58
Regent
Regent

Unread post

See ya!!!!
TheReluctantHippie
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

Good. Children should have a safe learning environment.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Apparently this individual has a history of abusive remarks to students, and reports of physical interactions as well. This is just the icing on the cake.
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

She shouldn't have any place in education if she thinks Tweets are private anyway, among all her other transgressions.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

hopefully she doesn't make her way to Florida. Texas can keep her. I understand the immigration problem is frustrating. I'm sure it's hard to teach when many students struggle with English and a different culture. But The immigration status of her students isn't her business.
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:35 pm hopefully she doesn't make her way to Florida. Texas can keep her. I understand the immigration problem is frustrating. I'm sure it's hard to teach when many students struggle with English and a different culture. But The immigration status of her students isn't her business.
I suppose teachers should also mind their own business when they suspect a student is abused.
KAG
Mean Girl
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

morgan wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:37 pm
Pjmm wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:35 pm hopefully she doesn't make her way to Florida. Texas can keep her. I understand the immigration problem is frustrating. I'm sure it's hard to teach when many students struggle with English and a different culture. But The immigration status of her students isn't her business.

I suppose teachers should also mind their own business when they suspect a student is abused.
Of course every teacher is under the obligation to report suspected abuse. No one is alleging these children were abused - except for the actions of this teacher. She has been cited for violations in the past and faced discipline over verbal and physical abuse of students.

In Fort Worth every child has the right to a public education regardless of immigration status.
Fort Worth school trustees voted in favor of a resolution that declares the district “welcoming and safe” for all students, regardless of their immigration status.

Under the resolution, the district will “strive to create the safest possible environments for its students and employees … free of insecurity and fear.” The resolution references the district’s anti-discrimination policy and the 1982 U.S. Supreme Court decision that all children, including those without an immigration status, are entitled to a public education.
https://www.star-telegram.com/news/loca ... 40908.html
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:40 pm
morgan wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:37 pm
In Fort Worth every child has the right to a public education regardless of immigration status.
Fort Worth school trustees voted in favor of a resolution that declares the district “welcoming and safe” for all students, regardless of their immigration status.

Under the resolution, the district will “strive to create the safest possible environments for its students and employees … free of insecurity and fear.” The resolution references the district’s anti-discrimination policy and the 1982 U.S. Supreme Court decision that all children, including those without an immigration status, are entitled to a public education.
https://www.star-telegram.com/news/loca ... 40908.html
Yet it's illegal to be in the US illegally.

Just more reason why we need a complete overhaul. Our current system makes no sense.
KAG
Mean Girl
Locked Previous topicNext topic