Iranian women violently dragged from streets by police amid hijab crackdown

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Harrowing first-hand accounts of women being dragged from the streets of Iran and detained by security services have emerged as human rights groups say country’s hijab rules have been brutally enforced since the country’s drone strikes on Israel on 13 April.

A new campaign, called Noor (“light” in Persian), was announced the same day the Iranian regime launched drone attacks against Israel, to crack down on “violations” of the country’s draconian hijab rules, which dictate that all women must cover their heads in public.

Hours later, videos verified by human rights groups showing women and girls being forcefully arrested by agents of the notorious Gasht-e-Irshad (“morality police”) flooded social media along with stories of beatings and assault.
https://www.theguardian.com/global-deve ... -crackdown

No Protests! No Outrage!
PoplarGrove
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

What exactly would North Americans be protesting about this in our own countries. Our countries have already placed sanctions against Iran and made public statements against their policies. Protesting OUR governments would do nothing. Short of waging a full out war on Iran our governments are doing what they can.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

No Jews, no news!
I also remember this from a couple of years ago…

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/11/01/asia ... tl-hnk-dst

“She was sold to a stranger so her family could eat as Afghanistan crumbles”

Remember all the protests, closed roads, university encampments, calls for the destruction of Afghanistan, Persian restaurants being vandalized that happened back then??

Yeah… neither do I.
Lexy wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 9:18 am
Harrowing first-hand accounts of women being dragged from the streets of Iran and detained by security services have emerged as human rights groups say country’s hijab rules have been brutally enforced since the country’s drone strikes on Israel on 13 April.

A new campaign, called Noor (“light” in Persian), was announced the same day the Iranian regime launched drone attacks against Israel, to crack down on “violations” of the country’s draconian hijab rules, which dictate that all women must cover their heads in public.

Hours later, videos verified by human rights groups showing women and girls being forcefully arrested by agents of the notorious Gasht-e-Irshad (“morality police”) flooded social media along with stories of beatings and assault.
https://www.theguardian.com/global-deve ... -crackdown

No Protests! No Outrage!
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Bring Them Home
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Those women need to get murderous…
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

They’ve been oppressed into submission for too long. But they have support amongst the Iranian people. Problem is, anyone standing up to them gets murdered. Iranian people need the help and support of the world. But the world is too scared of the Iranian government and instead of fighting them, they choose to appease them. It’s a travesty, this world is going backwards.
Slimshandy wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 10:58 am Those women need to get murderous…
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Bring Them Home
AZOldGal66
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Too many protest subjects can clog the brain cells.

Plus, shouting "Intifada, Intifada" against Iran would be a dumbass move.
just an old coot 😉🌵
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

No Protests? No outrage?

Either you are unwittingly making a strong argument against the effectiveness of peaceful protests OR this matters so little to you that you are oblivious and incorrectly using it to counter activism you disagree with.

There was just a woman life freedom rally in support of Iranian women a few weeks ago in NY. Were you unaware of this? I’ve participated in a few rallys including a small one here not long ago.

If you think we should amp these up, what do you propose? Should we demand the US takes militaristic actions? They’ve placed heavy sanctions already and have been trying diplomacy for over 2 yrs…There really isn’t anything left to boycott, divest, and sanction.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

That’s the point. People are unaware of any support for the Iranian people because it doesn’t make the news or social media. Deranged anarchists in keffiyahs destroying elite campuses across America deserve all the attention. I wonder why…
And BTW, there isn’t anything to divest, boycott or sanction there either. And if that’s what they want, then they should at least do it properly.
Quorra2.0 wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 11:16 am No Protests? No outrage?

Either you are unwittingly making a strong argument against the effectiveness of peaceful protests OR this matters so little to you that you are oblivious and incorrectly using it to counter activism you disagree with.

There was just a woman life freedom rally in support of Iranian women a few weeks ago in NY. Were you unaware of this? I’ve participated in a few rallys including a small one here not long ago.

If you think we should amp these up, what do you propose? Should we demand the US takes militaristic actions? They’ve placed heavy sanctions already and have been trying diplomacy for over 2 yrs…There really isn’t anything left to boycott, divest, and sanction.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Bring Them Home
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

That’s why I said it’s an argument against the effectiveness of peaceful protest. Peaceful protests and rallies don’t draw as much attention, it’s like the homeless. The ones with signs or just there don’t draw news or public attention. The ones encamped in on the outer fringes of the community, don’t make news. The ones committing crimes, encamping in neighborhoods, defecating in peoples yards these draw attention and then people are outraged at the homeless problem. Now I’m not advocating for non peaceful protest, I’m just saying that they don’t draw the attention. A few published articles about these rallies when they coincided with the 1 yr anniversary of Amini’s murder, but as far as I ever saw, none really reported much if anything on the protest rally outside the UN when Raisi was there last September let alone any others.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 11:23 am That’s the point. People are unaware of any support for the Iranian people because it doesn’t make the news or social media. Deranged anarchists in keffiyahs destroying elite campuses across America deserve all the attention. I wonder why…
And BTW, there isn’t anything to divest, boycott or sanction there either. And if that’s what they want, then they should at least do it properly.

Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Thing is, we as a society are the ones who make something effective or not. Now, personally, I wouldn’t call those violent protests as “effective” because ultimately, these people didn’t achieve anything. At least nothing positive. Did they help even one palestinian? Did they gather any sympathy for their cause? Did they manage to erase Israel off the map? They were completely ineffective, they were just notorious and for all the wrong reasons. Those kids on campus hijacking and vandalizing buildings, making ridiculous demand of vegan, gluten free (and totally free!) food and going into a hunger strike that went from “indefinite until our demand are met” to “paused while we eat something because we feel sick” just achieved becoming laughingstocks, a source of ridicule. The universities who sided with them? They just managed to lose prestige, applicants and donations.
In reality the pro Israel rallies have been more effective because they weren’t about intimidating or bullying people into joining our side. They weren’t meant to force anyone into taking action for us. The purpose of these rallies has basically been to make Jews around the world feel united and connected, to show the world that we’re here and won’t be scared into hiding like it happened during the Holocaust, and to show the differences between the attitudes of both sides. In that sense, they have been very effective!
Quorra2.0 wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 11:57 am That’s why I said it’s an argument against the effectiveness of peaceful protest. Peaceful protests and rallies don’t draw as much attention, it’s like the homeless. The ones with signs or just there don’t draw news or public attention. The ones encamped in on the outer fringes of the community, don’t make news. The ones committing crimes, encamping in neighborhoods, defecating in peoples yards these draw attention and then people are outraged at the homeless problem. Now I’m not advocating for non peaceful protest, I’m just saying that they don’t draw the attention. A few published articles about these rallies when they coincided with the 1 yr anniversary of Amini’s murder, but as far as I ever saw, none really reported much if anything on the protest rally outside the UN when Raisi was there last September let alone any others.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 11:23 am That’s the point. People are unaware of any support for the Iranian people because it doesn’t make the news or social media. Deranged anarchists in keffiyahs destroying elite campuses across America deserve all the attention. I wonder why…

❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Bring Them Home
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic