People who drink regularly live longer than those who completely abstain from alcohol

Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I’m not drinking 1 to 3 a day. I don’t sleep well and so feel lousy the next day. If I am to die earlier at least I’ll be happier
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

https://www.who.int/europe/news/item/04 ... our-health

ETA:
Alcohol is a toxic, psychoactive, and dependence-producing substance and has been classified as a Group 1 carcinogen by the International Agency for Research on Cancer decades ago – this is the highest risk group, which also includes asbestos, radiation and tobacco. Alcohol causes at least seven types of cancer, including the most common cancer types, such as bowel cancer and female breast cancer. Ethanol (alcohol) causes cancer through biological mechanisms as the compound breaks down in the body, which means that any beverage containing alcohol, regardless of its price and quality, poses a risk of developing cancer.

The risk of developing cancer increases substantially the more alcohol is consumed. However, latest available data indicate that half of all alcohol-attributable cancers in the WHO European Region are caused by “light” and “moderate” alcohol consumption – less than 1.5 litres of wine or less than 3.5 litres of beer or less than 450 millilitres of spirits per week
cgd5112
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

It's an old study that's been reviewed and dissected since. Dr Andrew Huberman ( Neuroscientist at Stanford and Huberman Lab podcaster) , Dr Peter Attia MD ( The Drive podcast) , Matthew Walker ( professor of neuroscience and psychology at UC Berkley, and author and expert on sleep) all ( based on current science, literature/peer reviews, etc) boil it down to a simple answer; No alcohol consumption is best for longevity and quality of life. So if you want to drink because you enjoy it, so be it; but don't fool yourself into believing that alcohol is good for you.

Is it going to kill you if you're a make and drink 3-5 drinks per week? No. Men and women are different. Women should drink less than men.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic