Religious nut Senator Tom Cotton claims slavery and holocaust were necessary

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
hockeymom87
Regent
Regent

Frau Holle wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:46 am
hockeymom87 wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:18 am
Frau Holle wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:06 am

Do you visit the middle of the country often?
I do I’m from the Midwest. What do denominations are considered evangelicals? I’m baptist but don’t consider myself evangelical. I just took a quiz on if you’re evangelical I got 10 out of 31 lol. But it did have some odd questions.

I just go by the broad definition, although I know many different people within each religion have different beliefs.

"As a trans-denominational coalition, evangelicals can be found in nearly every Protestant denomination and tradition, particularly within the Reformed, Baptist, Wesleyan, Pentecostal and charismatic churches."
Can be found meaning not all.
hockeymom87
Regent
Regent

SouthernIslander wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:49 am
Frau Holle wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:06 am

Do you visit the middle of the country often?
I do I’m from the Midwest. What do denominations are considered evangelicals? I’m baptist but don’t consider myself evangelical. I just took a quiz on if you’re evangelical I got 10 out of 31 lol. But it did have some odd questions.
A lot of Baptist don’t consider themselves evangelical. I defiantly don’t either.
I don’t either. Heck I took a quiz “are you can evangelical” I got a 10 out of 31 lol. It had questions about dating etc. I guess evangelicals don’t date in high school since that was a question and since I hit yes I did it counted it as a wrong answer.
Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

SouthernIslander wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:48 am
Frau Holle wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:44 am
SouthernIslander wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:55 am

We can agree to disagree. That is not normal and you’re lumping is all in an extremist category.
You're the only one mentioning anything about extremists. What I am saying is not an extremist point of view, it's simply written in the bible and people believe it.
Yes, because you’re implying extremists as the norm or the majority of this country and it’s not.
No, I am not. You just keep saying "extremist" as though I am somehow suggesting that people who believe in the Bible are now Christian Extremists.

That's not what I am saying, at all.

The "Norm" for Christians is they they believe in the Bible. That's it.

“I will bless those who bless you, and him who dishonors you I will curse” (Gen. 12:1–3) , The promise to Abraham was passed down through his son Isaac to his grandson Jacob (Gen. 27:1–29). Jacob was renamed Israel, his sons being the founding fathers of the tribes of Israel. So, the promise of Abraham passed on to Israel as well (Num. 24:1–9).

Just Googling "signs Jesus comes back" gives you this as the first page, https://www.tomorrowsworld.org/booklets ... rn/content and all of those Military moves are right now able to be lead by people across the globe who have to by appearance anyway, fully believe it. Christian, Catholic, Church of England, Greek Orthodox, Russian Orthodox , etc... lots of countries.
“ I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night “ - Sarah Williams
SallyMae
Regent
Regent

The difference between Baptist and Baptist Evangelical is one of degree, not kind.

Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

hockeymom87 wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:55 am
Frau Holle wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:46 am

I just go by the broad definition, although I know many different people within each religion have different beliefs.

"As a trans-denominational coalition, evangelicals can be found in nearly every Protestant denomination and tradition, particularly within the Reformed, Baptist, Wesleyan, Pentecostal and charismatic churches."
Can be found meaning not all.
Ok, well of the definitions that I can find, which parts would you disagree with?

Dictionary

e·van·gel·i·cal
/ˌēvanˈjelək(ə)l/
- of or according to the teaching of the gospel or the Christian religion.

What does it mean to be an evangelical?
The term evangelical derives from the Greek word euangelion meaning “gospel” or “good news.” Technically speaking, evangelical refers to a person, church, or organization that is committed to the Christian gospel message that Jesus Christ is the savior of humanity.

What is the difference between evangelical and Protestant?
Overall, evangelicals tend to be more flexible and experimental with worship practices than mainline Protestant churches. It is usually run by a Christian pastor. A service is often divided into several parts, including congregational singing, a sermon, intercessory prayer, and other ministry.

What is the difference between evangelical and Catholic?
From a Catholic standpoint, Evangelical celebrations are not "masses", because there is no consecration of the Eucharist. ... Catholics believe in Transubstantiation, which means that both the bread and the wine really become the "body, blood, soul and divinity" of Christ.
“ I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night “ - Sarah Williams
SallyMae
Regent
Regent

Frau Holle wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:03 pm

You're the only one mentioning anything about extremists. What I am saying is not an extremist point of view, it's simply written in the bible and people believe it.
Yes, because you’re implying extremists as the norm or the majority of this country and it’s not.
No, I am not. You just keep saying "extremist" as though I am somehow suggesting that people who believe in the Bible are now Christian Extremists.

“I will bless those who bless you, and him who dishonors you I will curse” (Gen. 12:1–3) , The promise to Abraham was passed down through his son Isaac to his grandson Jacob (Gen. 27:1–29). Jacob was renamed Israel, his sons being the founding fathers of the tribes of Israel. So, the promise of Abraham passed on to Israel as well (Num. 24:1–9).

Just Googling "signs Jesus comes back" gives you this as the first page, https://www.tomorrowsworld.org/booklets ... rn/content and all of those Military moves are right now able to be lead by people across the globe who have to by appearance anyway, fully believe it. Christian, Catholic, Church of England, Greek Orthodox, Russian Orthodox , etc... lots of countries.

Ending geopolitics by supernaturalism would be a start.

Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

SallyMae wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:09 pm

Ending geopolitics by supernaturalism would be a start.

Lol one can only dream.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Mr.Smile wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:38 am
Lemons wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:30 am
Mr.Smile wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:57 am

lol, whatever. I didn't make this post. the OP made a post "race trolling" according to your standards, I am dismantling the F***ing lies told here on a daily basis. Of course you are in the mood to bash a republican based on a lie but not in the mood to hear the truth when its goes against the narrative you WANT to accept.

oh, its not anyone else's spin. OP literally misquoted Sen Cotton. night night.
Cotton is a religious extremist. I’ll judge by his actual words not by the right wing Examiner trying to spin the meaning of his words.
his actual words were in reference to the founding fathers, not his own opinion. you misquoted him. and tom cotton retweeted the WE article so he felt they represented him well.

We all know he was using the old “the founding fathers said” to speak on something he agrees with. Then he had the excuse “hey, I didnt say it, the founding fathers did”.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Both Evangelicals and Baptists think they are cursed if they don’t support Israel
^^^ People who think like this are normally extremists, not the majority. The way this is worded, it does read like you are saying that we all think like this.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

hockeymom87 wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:58 am
SouthernIslander wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:49 am

A lot of Baptist don’t consider themselves evangelical. I defiantly don’t either.
I don’t either. Heck I took a quiz “are you can evangelical” I got a 10 out of 31 lol. It had questions about dating etc. I guess evangelicals don’t date in high school since that was a question and since I hit yes I did it counted it as a wrong answer.
Sounds like a test I would fail. 😂😂😂😂😂
Locked Previous topicNext topic