Native American
8%
Asian
3%
Other
15%

Total votes: 39
Anonymous 3

Frau Holle wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:05 am You didn’t put Nordic German. I can’t answer.
Racially you would be considered white... Just like on any other document that asks what your race is... You only get the ones in the poll. Ethnic wise you are Nordic German... Race and ethnicity are completely different
RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

This board is 98 percent white, it's been like that since cafemom.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

RealisticBeauty wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:32 am This board is 98 percent white, it's been like that since cafemom.
Yep.
Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Anonymous 3 wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:23 am
Frau Holle wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:05 am You didn’t put Nordic German. I can’t answer.
Racially you would be considered white... Just like on any other document that asks what your race is... You only get the ones in the poll. Ethnic wise you are Nordic German... Race and ethnicity are completely different
I always put other because I’m not willing to describe myself as crayon choice. Having me list my melanin level tells you nothing about me.

Having me list “Nordic German” tells you everything you need to know
“ I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night “ - Sarah Williams
WickedPissah
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Point?
I shit glitter
madfoodie
Sparkles the Elf
Regent
Regent

I'm shawnee and welsh. It only recorded me as Native American.
i want candy!
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

OP, your poll is just fine. People can answer from your choices or they can just not answer if they don't like it.

I always answer white because that's what I am. If they want a country or culture, I'm American. If they want to know my ancestry, I know I have ancestors many generations back that were German and Dutch and a bit of other stuff too, but it's still all white European. But my ancestors have all been born in America since 1812 and probably further back. (I know 1812 because my dad and his brother traced back through the men and found the first one in that line was born in America in 1812 from Dutch parents.)
SummerDream
Marchioness
Marchioness

I put other because I don’t think it is necessary to know what race another person online is.
Anonymous 4

Frau Holle wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:43 am
I always put other because I’m not willing to describe myself as crayon choice. Having me list my melanin level tells you nothing about me.

😂 🙄 You are ridiculous. You are also white.
Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Anonymous 4 wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:24 pm
Frau Holle wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:43 am

😂 🙄 You are ridiculous. You are also white.
Yes, I’m not saying anything different. I just think it’s absurd to categorize people by their melanin level when it tells you nothing about them other than how much sunscreen they need.

If I tell you I’m Nordic German, you know a lot about me. If I tell you I’m white, you know nothing.
“ I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night “ - Sarah Williams
Locked Previous topicNext topic