What state do you live in?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

mater-three wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:42 pm Yep! I’m in East Tennessee.
Yay! We’re over in Nashville but have family in Knoxville.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

WickedPissah wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:39 pm Born and raised in Massachusetts lived in Ky about a year and TN for about 10 years.
Where in TN? I guessed Mass from your sn! ;)
Anonymous 1

Unread post

mcginnisc wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:43 pm Georgia.. I love it here, but looking forward to retirement in FL eventually. I lived in ND for 4 years when Dh was in the USAF back in the mid 90's. Needless to say, I was very happy to come back to Atlanta 21 years ago. I hated ND more than anything.
We are epically failing with covid. My bonehead governor basically opened up everything where you can't socially distance in April and cases are sky rocketing again. We had a couple of weeks where the viral % rate had gone down to 8%, but in the last few days it is back up to 8.5%. There have been a ton of new cases in the last week alone. there has been an increase of almost 15K cases recorded and 103 more deaths. My county has increased from 886 cases on 6/17 to 1077 cases as of 3 pm yesterday.
My sister lives in Atlanta. She hates Kemp and how he has handled the Covid crisis.. reopened way too early. Dh and I also plan to retire in FL, it’s where our parents live.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Kiko2mommy wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:41 pm NE AZ. We lived in Idaho for a few months. We came home! I hated it there.
There’s no place like home :)
WickedPissah
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:40 pm
WickedPissah wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:39 pm Born and raised in Massachusetts lived in Ky about a year and TN for about 10 years.
Where in TN? I guessed Mass from your sn! ;)
Clarksville
I shit glitter
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:31 pm Do you like it there? Is it the only state you’ve lived in? How is your state doing with Covid?

Any other TN mamas? 😊
Currently live in Arizona. Been here for 5 years now. Previous to that I lived in Minnesota. In my lifetime I've also lived in California.

I typically love living in Arizona. Right now we are doing crappy with Covid. I believe we are kind of making national attention because our Governor opened us wide up and our numbers are skyrocketing. And especially locally, our Mayor is too chicken to do anything like requiring masks etc so our local numbers are horrible. We are one of three "big" cities in our county and for the longest time we had the lowest numbers out of the three. Now we are by far the biggest out of the three.

Kids locally go back to school on July 29th. I know the districts are discussing options. The HS district sent out parent surveys to find out who has access to remote learning, who has masks, etc, etc. Nothing definite has been announced as far as how they are handling it. I think our numbers will get even worse when the kids go back.
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:39 pm
mater-three wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:42 pm Yep! I’m in East Tennessee.
Yay! We’re over in Nashville but have family in Knoxville.
I live right out of Knoxville in Maryville.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

I live in England, I love it here! I'm originally from Arkansas. We're doing okay with Covid, not great, but it's a complicated issue. Much like in the US, there isn't enough information to really know exactly how we're doing.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:42 pm
mcginnisc wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:43 pm Georgia.. I love it here, but looking forward to retirement in FL eventually. I lived in ND for 4 years when Dh was in the USAF back in the mid 90's. Needless to say, I was very happy to come back to Atlanta 21 years ago. I hated ND more than anything.
We are epically failing with covid. My bonehead governor basically opened up everything where you can't socially distance in April and cases are sky rocketing again. We had a couple of weeks where the viral % rate had gone down to 8%, but in the last few days it is back up to 8.5%. There have been a ton of new cases in the last week alone. there has been an increase of almost 15K cases recorded and 103 more deaths. My county has increased from 886 cases on 6/17 to 1077 cases as of 3 pm yesterday.
My sister lives in Atlanta. She hates Kemp and how he has handled the Covid crisis.. reopened way too early. Dh and I also plan to retire in FL, it’s where our parents live.
I've lived in the burbs of Atlanta for 41 of my 45 years. :-) Kemp is a complete buffoon and I do not see him being re-elected because of how he has handled covid. I mean, why in the world would you open up the state with tattoo shops, hair/nail salons/barbers, and massage shops?? Then, bowling alleys, movie theaters and restaurants 3 days later..a week later- malls.. Now, after protests for Ahmaud Arbery, George Floyd, and Rayshard Brooks as well as Memorial Day the numbers are skyrocketing. He announced today he is not going to mandate masks. All he is doing is screwing the pooch and the citizens of GA.
My mom and inlaws live in central FL so Dh and I have planned to retire in the community they live in for at least 15 years now. We have 6 years left until we can retire there and it is not coming soon enough.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Pennsylvania.

I hate it. We want to relocate to Florida in the next 5-7 years.

As for Covid we were on lock down from mid March until a few weeks ago. As things are opening we are seeing an uptick but not like other states. Our county has 67 new cases, a high since April.

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:31 pm Do you like it there? Is it the only state you’ve lived in? How is your state doing with Covid?

Any other TN mamas? 😊
Locked Previous topicNext topic