Woman forced to abort

Anonymous 3

Baconqueen13 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:47 am
Anonymous 3 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:20 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:59 pm

I disagree entirely. If someone is not able to keep their own child safe they have no business raising their grandchildren.

In the end no child (mentally of physically) should be forced to have a baby because their mom wants to keep it.

Not a single person on this earth can 100 percent guarantee their child's safety.

Are the parents of the children who are murdered by gunmen at their schools not fit to raise children? What about the ones who got molested by their teachers? The child who got hurt by the other kid at the back of the bus? The child who broke her leg at softball practice? The parent whose child was critically injured or even killed when they were hit by a drunk driver? Those parents have no business raising kids either, eh?

A lot of victim blaming going on in this post. We don't have evidence from the article that the mother was negliglent.
Devil's advocate here but blaming the mother for her mentally disabled daughter's pregnancy is not victim blaming. The daughter with the mentality of a 6-9 year old is the victim here. NOT her mom.

That is true. But to me its a similar mentality to victim blaming. If the mother wasn't negligent, and there is no indication that she was from the article, its terrible to fault her for her daughter's rape. She's not to blame for the actions of someone else. What a terrible thing to say a parent is at fault for a tragedy that befell their child that was out of their control. Perhaps I should have said that better.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Anonymous 3 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:54 am
Anonymous 3 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:20 pm

Not a single person on this earth can 100 percent guarantee their child's safety.

Are the parents of the children who are murdered by gunmen at their schools not fit to raise children? What about the ones who got molested by their teachers? The child who got hurt by the other kid at the back of the bus? The child who broke her leg at softball practice? The parent whose child was critically injured or even killed when they were hit by a drunk driver? Those parents have no business raising kids either, eh?

A lot of victim blaming going on in this post. We don't have evidence from the article that the mother was negliglent.
Devil's advocate here but blaming the mother for her mentally disabled daughter's pregnancy is not victim blaming. The daughter with the mentality of a 6-9 year old is the victim here. NOT her mom.

That is true. But to me its a similar mentality to victim blaming. If the mother wasn't negligent, and there is no indication that she was from the article, its terrible to fault her for her daughter's rape. She's not to blame for the actions of someone else. What a terrible thing to say a parent is at fault for a tragedy that befell their child that was out of their control. Perhaps I should have said that better.
We don't know how much control the mother had in regards to her daughter getting pregnant. There is an ongoing investigation into it. For all we know the mother paid someone to impregnate her daughter so she could have a child again.
But it would be the mother's fault for the trauma she inflicts on her daughter by having her daughter carry a pregnancy to term and then remove the baby. Keep in mind the daughter has the mentality of a 6 year old. So imagine your child at 6 and what a pregnancy and child birth would be like for them, mentally. You're looking at inflicting PTSD on the woman intentionally, it's akin to abuse.
Anonymous 1

Baconqueen13 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:25 am

We don't know how much control the mother had in regards to her daughter getting pregnant. There is an ongoing investigation into it. For all we know the mother paid someone to impregnate her daughter so she could have a child again.
But it would be the mother's fault for the trauma she inflicts on her daughter by having her daughter carry a pregnancy to term and then remove the baby. Keep in mind the daughter has the mentality of a 6 year old. So imagine your child at 6 and what a pregnancy and child birth would be like for them, mentally. You're looking at inflicting PTSD on the woman intentionally, it's akin to abuse.
I don't think anyone is thinking about how far along she is. This girl is 22 weeks pregnant. This fetus is formed. They cant just give her a pill and flush it out. I may be wrong but I believe at this point she would have to actually deliver the baby
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:40 am

I don't think anyone is thinking about how far along she is. This girl is 22 weeks pregnant. This fetus is formed. They cant just give her a pill and flush it out. I may be wrong but I believe at this point she would have to actually deliver the baby
No they can't just give her a pill and flush it out but they can surgically remove it under anesthesia. The debate is really one of which case would be the least traumatizing to the woman and thus better for HER overall health physically AND mentally. Which would be least traumatizing for your own 6 year old daughter?
Anonymous 1

Baconqueen13 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:54 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:40 am
No they can't just give her a pill and flush it out but they can surgically remove it under anesthesia. The debate is really one of which case would be the least traumatizing to the woman and thus better for HER overall health physically AND mentally. Which would be least traumatizing for your own 6 year old daughter?
I don't know at 22 weeks you are 5 and half months pregnant. You are feeling kicking at that point. They could also do a csection to remove a full term baby as well. The difference between an actual 6 year old and an adult with the mind of a 6 year old is a 6 year olds body isn't capable of carrying a baby full term I just think it would be very traumatic to force her to abort where they have to surgically remove once she actually felt it move.. i just think this is a horrible situation all together.. I would still worry that it may be very traumatic for this girl either way.
QuantumNursing
Regent
Regent

Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:59 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:57 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:50 pm
My oldest child is mentally about 8 years old. If she was raped yes I would blame myself because either I was not caring for her correctly or I trusted her with someone else who was not caring for her. At the end of the day when you have a child with mental delays they are your responsibility even if they are "adults".

No one would say an actual 6-9 year old should have a baby just because her mom wants it... this is no different.
Yes you are still responsible for them but just like with having a child if you work they have to be cared for and with adults that could mean an adult daycare or an aide coming i. Daily to watch her. Sometimes pedophiles and rapist slips through the tracks and as horrible as it is it can happen and isnt the fault of the parents
I disagree entirely. If someone is not able to keep their own child safe they have no business raising their grandchildren.

In the end no child (mentally of physically) should be forced to have a baby because their mom wants to keep it.
I hope to hell that your children NEVER leave your sight to be so damn arrogant
ReadingRainbow
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

I think it's viciously immoral.

If she does not want to abort, there should be no abortion.
ReadingRainbow
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Oh, good... It's not happening anymore

According to a Press Association report, a three-judge panel overturned that decision Monday following an appeal filed by the unidentified woman’s mother, a Nigerian immigrant and former midwife who opposes the abortion and has offered to care for the child. The three judges — Lord Justice McCombe, Lady Justice King, and Lord Justice Peter Jackson — said they would provide their rationale for overturning the previous ruling at a later date.

Two Catholic bishops in the U.K. had criticized Lieven’s ruling as an assault on the bodily autonomy of the unnamed mother.

“Forcing a woman to have an abortion against her will, and that of her close family, infringes upon her human rights, not to mention the right of her unborn child to life in a family that has committed to caring for the child,” said Bishop John Sherrington, an auxiliary bishop of the Archdiocese of Westminster.
Anonymous 4

The ruling has been overturned:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/24/wo ... oman.html .

Of course, it could be overturned again, too.
Locked Previous topicNext topic