Brake-checking

LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Why ride their ass? It makes zero sense. If the person in front has to hit their brakes you’re going to end up in their trunk. It’s a really stupid thing to do.
Anonymom*23/6/364
Regent
Regent

Anonymous 9 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 7:15 pm
Anonymom*23/6/364 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 11:49 am On the other hand, why ride a person's ass like that?
What does it accomplish?
Nothing positive.
When someone is going that slow it’s hard not to end up being right on top of the person.
That's not even close to being true.
Anonymous 10

I let my foot off the gas completely with no fucks given.
nmkj
Countess
Countess

She was probably looking for a street she needed to turn down. Back off.
Lolabearlow
Duchess
Duchess

Traci_Momof2 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 6:59 pm
Hot4Tchr-Bieg wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 5:18 pm Oh Mama...tailgating is an aggressive move. You should not be surprised to have gotten an aggressive response. You pushed her. She pushed you back.

You say you make it a habit to tailgate people who you feel are going too slow. Perhaps try not doing that anymore for a while and see if things go differently for you.

One more thing...going 20 in a 25 in a residential area during school arrival time...that's not too slow. If it's too slow for you, you should leave yourself more time to go places.
I think I may have confused people on what kind of area this is. The stretch of road this happened on, there are no houses and there are no schools, no bus stops. It's a half mile stretch with only gov't buildings. It's generally not that busy. At the time this happened, we were the only two cars on the road.

Let me put this out there too. At one end of this particular road sits the police station. It annoys my DH to no end that I speed even 1mph over but my norm is 30mph on that road. I've had multiple times where I was going close to 35mph on this 25mph road and a police car passed me going the other way. Not busy, it would've been very easy for the officer to swing around and stop me. But they never do. They obviously don't care.
Another road in town that IS lined on both sides with houses and has the 25mph speed limit, I was coming it down it the other week going 30mph. Someone else obviously wanted to go faster and rode my bumper all the way down. I just shrug my shoulders, oh well, and keep going my 30mph.

Just some food for thought. I really try not to let other people's driving get to me. If someone is tailing me or someone cuts me off, it's just not worth an angry response on my part. I let them have their dick move because honestly, if I got angry at every dick move people pulled on me on the roads, I would be an angry person all the time, and I don't want to be that person. Maybe some people should try letting go of their anger for a while and see what happens.
That is the speed limit for a reason even if you don’t like it and the police have let it pass 100 times that also doesn’t mean they will let it go tomorrow.

— signed a driver with a terrible lead foot.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Yes, I brake check if someone is following too close.
Hot4Tchr-Bieg
Duchess
Duchess

Traci_Momof2 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 6:59 pm
Hot4Tchr-Bieg wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 5:18 pm Oh Mama...tailgating is an aggressive move. You should not be surprised to have gotten an aggressive response. You pushed her. She pushed you back.

You say you make it a habit to tailgate people who you feel are going too slow. Perhaps try not doing that anymore for a while and see if things go differently for you.

One more thing...going 20 in a 25 in a residential area during school arrival time...that's not too slow. If it's too slow for you, you should leave yourself more time to go places.
I think I may have confused people on what kind of area this is. The stretch of road this happened on, there are no houses and there are no schools, no bus stops. It's a half mile stretch with only gov't buildings. It's generally not that busy. At the time this happened, we were the only two cars on the road.

Let me put this out there too. At one end of this particular road sits the police station. It annoys my DH to no end that I speed even 1mph over but my norm is 30mph on that road. I've had multiple times where I was going close to 35mph on this 25mph road and a police car passed me going the other way. Not busy, it would've been very easy for the officer to swing around and stop me. But they never do. They obviously don't care.
Another road in town that IS lined on both sides with houses and has the 25mph speed limit, I was coming it down it the other week going 30mph. Someone else obviously wanted to go faster and rode my bumper all the way down. I just shrug my shoulders, oh well, and keep going my 30mph.

Just some food for thought. I really try not to let other people's driving get to me. If someone is tailing me or someone cuts me off, it's just not worth an angry response on my part. I let them have their dick move because honestly, if I got angry at every dick move people pulled on me on the roads, I would be an angry person all the time, and I don't want to be that person. Maybe some people should try letting go of their anger for a while and see what happens.
I think it's a good policy to not get upset with other people's driving. But I think you're underestimating how people can feel personally threatened by the behavior of tailgating. And it's not a one time cut-off or an accidental bad move that happens and then is over. It's a deliberate continuation of aggression over time. It's not unreasonable for folks to attempt to communicate to you that you should stop.

But with this lady who was driving like she had a freshly frosted cake on the passenger seat, you didn't stop. You were the aggressor for as long as it took for her to brake-check you 3 times? And you didn't even realize how close you were when she did it the first time?

Quit tailgating. It's a bigger deal than you seem to recognize.
Don't text while driving. Don''t text while stopped at stop signs and traffic lights. You're not a four year old...exercise some self-control.
Spookly
Duchess
Duchess

No I haven't, and yes I've been brake checked before because someone was pissed that they had to yield to me coming off the highway.

Also, you were being a dildo. Don't tailgate someone, especially if you're just doing it because you don't like the speed they're going. Go around or fall back.
Anonymous 11

Baconqueen13 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 11:56 am Only to truckers on the highway. Not a good idea but if I'm already going 5-10 over and you're riding my ass, damn straight I'm going to break check the f**k outta you and I'll box you in too and slow down until you get the hint, especially if you're in a semi truck as that becomes a safety issue for EVERYONE on the road.
You brake-check eighty to one hundred thousand pound vehicles?
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Don't tailgate other drivers. There was nothing wrong with her going 20. She was probably trying to find an address. I do that when trying to a place.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Locked Previous topicNext topic