Horrifying indifference to children’s lives

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Well, except for that set of parents, you mean.
Billie.jeens wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:10 pm Everyone

29again wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:04 pm But, there is only a 99.999999% chance that she would still be alive if her father had left her at home with her mother and siblings. Who could predict that a trip like that could actually be dangerous for a 7 yo child?!
Billie.jeens wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:56 pm She was alive before her parents followed the previous adminsistrations call to "come here"

Her parents decided that they would come here-

The trip here killed her.

Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
Billie.jeens
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Not knowing and not caring

Are not the same thing
29again wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:52 pm Well, except for that set of parents, you mean.
Billie.jeens wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:10 pm Everyone

29again wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:04 pm But, there is only a 99.999999% chance that she would still be alive if her father had left her at home with her mother and siblings. Who could predict that a trip like that could actually be dangerous for a 7 yo child?!

“Modern journalism is all about deciding which facts the public shouldn’t know because they might reflect badly on Democrats."
TheQueenOfEverything
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Are you in favor of universal health care, and more funds/less barriers for housing & food assistance? In favor of bringing back strong pro-Union laws & significantly increasing the minimum wage?
jas wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:54 pm White conservative Christians? lmao - how typical of you. Nah - just Americans. You know, the ones already HERE that need help - medical, mental and monetary.
It's just a different focus. Doesn't make "us" wrong or you right.
libbylu wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:56 am Well said.
Good ideas.
Yah you would actually be a help there.
Most of the people in this thread don’t really care about the health and welfare of those people or any humans unless they’re white conservative Christians.
TheQueenOfEverything wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:44 am Instead of (or hell, even in addition to) sending a bunch of military to the border with razor wire, they could have medical personnel and supplies right there, since they already know that the people who will be arriving are coming and will be at the end of a long and dangerous journey that involved walking through the desert for weeks.

Maybe they should put me in charge, since whoever is in charge now is apparently not bright enough to come up with thatboverwhelmingly obvious idea.
ButchersWife
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

29again wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:10 pm What would you like the pro-life crowd to do about this, anyway? I raised my children, I follow the laws. I would never take one of my kids on a dangerous trip like the one this girl's father did.... What do you really expect people to do with illegals in the dead of night? What is the "proper and appropriate" reaction from the pro-life people, according to the pro-abort people? I really would like to know... because I'm really surprised that one who advocates murder is so upset over a father doing what this guy did with his own daughter, if he encouraged her mother to abort her, you would be cheering.
TheQueenOfEverything wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:22 pm they were told she was ill 90 minutes before she was airlifted to the hospital. so, they could have done that sooner.

once again, though, who is to blame really is not pertinent to my observation. the fact is that the reaction from the pro-life crowd to this child’s death has ranged from “meh, border patrol did their best” to “good, maybe it will deter other migrants from coming here” because y’all are not actually pro life.
hockeymom87 wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:18 pm
When someon noticed she was she got help. She started to become ill on the bus ride. Her father even stated yesterday that they were treated well. What more could the border patrol have done. He said she was in good health and she started vomiting on the bus ride. She got a helicopter ride to a hospital. That’s more than what’s done for the homeless in this country.

That is your privilege talking.
viv74
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

scemily526 wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:25 am
viv74 wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:23 pm She got very ill within hours of being detained. Her father even said they were treated well. The child got sick when she was forced to walk for a week without the resources she needed. She could just as easily died in route. She got immediate medical treatment. What more did you expect to be done? The parents made the choice to take her on the journey
what would you do to ensure your children's future, if you lived in a war torn country, no food, dirty water, and no access to anything at all? Would you stay there and 'put up with it'? Or would you do your damndest to get out and HOPE there is something better down that long road....cuz if you stay, you'll most certainly die, and so will your children.

So, - what's a parent to do in a country like that, who hears America gives asylum, and comes up here seeking refuge?
I didn’t have an opinion either way. I was just pointing out that the agents didn’t do anything wrong. They got help as soon as they could. At the end of the day the choice was made by the parent regardless of circumstances, they knew the risks of staying in their own country and they knew the risks of taking the journey. I don’t blame the parents for wanting more for their family no more than I blame the agents doing their job trying to provide for their own family
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

TheQueenOfEverything wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:41 pm Are you in favor of universal health care, and more funds/less barriers for housing & food assistance? In favor of bringing back strong pro-Union laws & significantly increasing the minimum wage?
jas wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:54 pm White conservative Christians? lmao - how typical of you. Nah - just Americans. You know, the ones already HERE that need help - medical, mental and monetary.
libbylu wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:56 am Well said.
Good ideas.
Yah you would actually be a help there.
Most of the people in this thread don’t really care about the health and welfare of those people or any humans unless they’re white conservative Christians.

Based on other countries, universal health care has it's pros and cons. I think there are a lot more cons out there and what was tried here sucked. I think in principle it would be great. I have not seen anyone execute it without a lot of flaws though.
I am totally for more funds and less barriers for housing and food. We are no longer cavemen, imo, food and shelter should be a "right". There certainly isn't any real good reason why it can't be. Well, other than greed.
The unions had their place and time. That's long past.
As far as "significantly increasing" the minimum wage, no. There is a purpose and reasoning behind it. To just increase it and not be prepared for increases in everything else to help offset the cost is ignorance and would significantly hurt the country.
If housing and food is a "given" minimum wage would be a non issue.
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

ButchersWife wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:42 pm
29again wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:10 pm What would you like the pro-life crowd to do about this, anyway? I raised my children, I follow the laws. I would never take one of my kids on a dangerous trip like the one this girl's father did.... What do you really expect people to do with illegals in the dead of night? What is the "proper and appropriate" reaction from the pro-life people, according to the pro-abort people? I really would like to know... because I'm really surprised that one who advocates murder is so upset over a father doing what this guy did with his own daughter, if he encouraged her mother to abort her, you would be cheering.
TheQueenOfEverything wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:22 pm they were told she was ill 90 minutes before she was airlifted to the hospital. so, they could have done that sooner.

once again, though, who is to blame really is not pertinent to my observation. the fact is that the reaction from the pro-life crowd to this child’s death has ranged from “meh, border patrol did their best” to “good, maybe it will deter other migrants from coming here” because y’all are not actually pro life.

That is your privilege talking.
Oh. So. Should I be blushing right now, or am I supposed to go sit quietly in a corner and not ever speak up about something? I really don't know what the hell I'm supposed to do with my alleged privilege.
Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
hockeymom87
Regent
Regent

Unread post

jas wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:01 pm
TheQueenOfEverything wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:41 pm Are you in favor of universal health care, and more funds/less barriers for housing & food assistance? In favor of bringing back strong pro-Union laws & significantly increasing the minimum wage?

Based on other countries, universal health care has it's pros and cons. I think there are a lot more cons out there and what was tried here sucked. I think in principle it would be great. I have not seen anyone execute it without a lot of flaws though.
I am totally for more funds and less barriers for housing and food. We are no longer cavemen, imo, food and shelter should be a "right". There certainly isn't any real good reason why it can't be. Well, other than greed.
As far as "significantly increasing" the minimum wage, no. There is a purpose and reasoning behind it. To just increase it and not be prepared for increases in everything else to help offset the cost is ignorance and would significantly hurt the country.
Yes I think if they were simple homes. Kitchen, living area, bathroom and two bedrooms sure same for food the basics. But people aren’t satisfied with “basics”. Heck if you qualify you can get free or reduced housing. They’re not the best houses but if you’re not paying for it you should’ve happy. As long has it has plumbing, heat and air, and electricity.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

hockeymom87 wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:22 pm
Yes I think if they were simple homes. Kitchen, living area, bathroom and two bedrooms sure same for food the basics. But people aren’t satisfied with “basics”. Heck if you qualify you can get free or reduced housing. They’re not the best houses but if you’re not paying for it you should’ve happy. As long has it has plumbing, heat and air, and electricity.
I've always said if I won the lottery I would build a huge community of tiny homes and give them out to homeless vets and domestically abused women with children first. The community club house would have an internet room, library, free child care and resources to find jobs. Depending on funds, I would have liked to include a 24 hour free clinic with a therapist...and maybe a salon.

No, people aren't satisfied with "basic", but that would be their stepping stone. They want better, then they do better and earn it.
Billie.jeens
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

jas wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:33 am
hockeymom87 wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:22 pm

I've always said if I won the lottery I would build a huge community of tiny homes and give them out to homeless vets and domestically abused women with children first. The community club house would have an internet room, library, free child care and resources to find jobs. Depending on funds, I would have liked to include a 24 hour free clinic with a therapist...and maybe a salon.

No, people aren't satisfied with "basic", but that would be their stepping stone. They want better, then they do better and earn it.

Which is how charity works best, Privately and Voluntarily

Not at the point of the Government's Gun.
“Modern journalism is all about deciding which facts the public shouldn’t know because they might reflect badly on Democrats."
Locked Previous topicNext topic