S/O Sibling fighting

Anonymous 1

Unread post

If your kids get into a physical altercation, who do you punish? Do you punish the one who hit first? The one who provoked or both of them?

I remember when my ODS and my ODD used to fight like cats and dogs. My ODD was a real bitch to her brother and always was provoking him and just being mean. ODS has a personality disorder so he used to always hit first and ask questions later. It got to the point they both were always punished. Thankfully now that they are older they actually get along and do things together lol It's strange because they used to fight all the time and now they are each other's best friends in the whole world :?

I never thought it fair to punish only one of them when they both were responsible.

What's your go to method?
Anonymous 0

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:08 am If your kids get into a physical altercation, who do you punish? Do you punish the one who hit first? The one who provoked or both of them?

I remember when my ODS and my ODD used to fight like cats and dogs. My ODD was a real **** to her brother and always was provoking him and just being mean. ODS has a personality disorder so he used to always hit first and ask questions later. It got to the point they both were always punished. Thankfully now that they are older they actually get along and do things together lol It's strange because they used to fight all the time and now they are each other's best friends in the whole world :?

I never thought it fair to punish only one of them when they both were responsible.

What's your go to method?
I usually just separated them and sent them to their rooms. And told them that everyime they start fighting they will be sent to their rooms. Eventually they stopped fighting so much
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Pretty much my technique lol
8d6535db09d55d898040206d4236380b.jpg
famousglm714
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I only have one right now (6 months pregnant) so we'll cross that bridge when we get there. I would like to think DS wouldn't hurt a baby. He's never shown aggression towards his baby cousin or the cats.

My little brother and I however tried to kill each other until he got bigger than me. We were BAD. Like evil bad. We saw a slew of counselors and therapists over it. Nothing really worked until he got older and we became bffs, lol. It took 18 long years though, lol. Our poor parents. I think we just got time out or a a spanking. We didn't care about either punishment or any punishment really. My mom was usually on my brother's side and my dad was on mine.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

If I don't know who did what they all get punished. If I know who hit first they get punished but if they were being provoked (like a sibling was just trying to get them in trouble) that child is punished too for instigating.
Foreverme123
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

The one who provoked it, for the most part. I'm not going to allow one of them to torture their sibling with the intent of causing them to finally snap and then get away with it after being successful at it.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Mine have never laid a hand on each other. They bicker, but never hit. They would both be punished as it is unacceptable behavior.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
RedBottoms

Unread post

If I have to break it up-BOTH are punished. That has always been my rule since they were infants. If they fought over a toy-I snatch the toy and neither gets it. Problem solved. If they are whining about this and that-I separate them and yell at both of them-problem solved.

I have twins and they rarely fight and I think its because of this policy.

I don't play referee. I never require them to play together or interact-I just ask they don't bug me with fighting bullshit
Reedusstalker

Unread post

First I make them hug each other and then I punish them both. My girl likes to say things under her breath so it looks like my boy is flipping out over nothing. I make them hug each other for my own amusement.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Reedusstalker wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:20 am First I make them hug each other and then I punish them both. My girl likes to say things under her breath so it looks like my boy is flipping out over nothing. I make them hug each other for my own amusement.

SD does that too. She thinks she's so clever but once I got hip to her game she stopped. She'll also smirk at the boys or do something ever so slight to annoy them-like if you weren't watching her you'd never know.
Locked Previous topicNext topic