Any landlords here?

RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

We started the eviction process on a tenant. I'm just waiting on her and us to recieve papers on a court date. We haven't received March or April's rent however she finally text us and she sent pics of the money orders and pics of the envelope addressed to my SO. I check the P.O box so I know for a fact that we didn't receive them and what are the chances of two of her rent checks getting lost in the mail? She has evictions on her record so I wouldn't be surprised if she is trying to pull off a scam and created false proof that she sent them. Any of you go through something like this?
leadfoot40
Regent
Regent

Unread post

chance is slim
RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

leadfoot40 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:00 am chance is slim
Exactly and the fact that she created false evidence of her sending them scares me.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I would definitely be wary. Wow, what a conniving person. Has your SO responded that the money orders were not received?

I'm not a landlord, sorry. Best of luck.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

She's full of crap. She's setting this up to use as delay tactics for court. She'll get a continuance in the eviction and keep dancing around claiming all kind of tragedies for why rent hasn't gotten to you. Prior evictions means she knows how to game the system. I hope you're in a low tolerance state for this kind of crap N.Y. and Chicago are the two worst areas for landlords. They're all about tenants rights. Some states don't take that crap though. Hope you're in one of them.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:07 am I would definitely be wary. Wow, what a conniving person. Has your SO responded that the money orders were not received?

Thanks. This tenant was trouble from day one and I only wish my SO would've listened to me. We haven't acknowledged anything and we won't at this point.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

RealisticBeauty wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:12 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:07 am I would definitely be wary. Wow, what a conniving person. Has your SO responded that the money orders were not received?

Thanks. This tenant was trouble from day one and I only wish my SO would've listened to me. We haven't acknowledged anything and we won't at this point.

I remember some of the things you've said previously about her. So manipulative. I'm sure you'll be glad when she's gone. Hope it's very soon.
RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:08 am She's full of crap. She's setting this up to use as delay tactics for court. She'll get a continuance in the eviction and keep dancing around claiming all kind of tragedies for why rent hasn't gotten to you. Prior evictions means she knows how to game the system. I hope you're in a low tolerance state for this kind of crap N.Y. and Chicago are the two worst areas for landlords. They're all about tenants rights. Some states don't take that crap though. Hope you're in one of them.
We are not in those states but unfortunately we had a hard time evicting someone who started selling drugs out of the house and harassing the neighbors so this might not work out well for us. And the tenant cries at the drop of a hat. She is definitely good at what she does because there should be no reason why my SO moved her in there in the first place but her sneaky ways worked on him too.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

RealisticBeauty wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:16 am
Valentina327 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:08 am She's full of crap. She's setting this up to use as delay tactics for court. She'll get a continuance in the eviction and keep dancing around claiming all kind of tragedies for why rent hasn't gotten to you. Prior evictions means she knows how to game the system. I hope you're in a low tolerance state for this kind of crap N.Y. and Chicago are the two worst areas for landlords. They're all about tenants rights. Some states don't take that crap though. Hope you're in one of them.
We are not in those states but unfortunately we had a hard time evicting someone who started selling drugs out of the house and harassing the neighbors so this might not work out well for us. And the tenant cries at the drop of a hat. She is definitely good at what she does because there should be no reason why my SO moved her in there in the first place but her sneaky ways worked on him too.
She'll probably try working the judge. Be prepared and fight fire with fire. You have a sob story too, about why you need her out, and you desperately need the income coming in, blah, blah. You already know she connives. Be prepared.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Gorilla_Mama
Regent
Regent

Unread post

RealisticBeauty wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:12 am

You probably should acknowledge her. Might not look good in court if you flat out ignore her.
Locked Previous topicNext topic