People that cut out their inlaws...

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Say a husband and a wife have cut off his parents and family because the wife hates them and he agrees they are horrible. What are the odds you think that if the wife dies suddenly he would somehow miraculously reconcile and he realizes his family wasn't so bad after all? Just a feeling I get would happen with a particular poster if you know what I mean.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Absolutely would happen .
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anyone have any popcorn?
RedBottoms

Unread post

I am sure DH would be up their butt immediately. No doubt.

He does not think they are horrible. Someone else said that -not me. He loves his mommykins and is super up her butt to where she can do no wrong. But he also still makes minimal effort to talk to her or see her. He is neutral on the rest of them. Doesn't hate them but doesn't love them really either.

He is free to see them or talk to them-they are just not welcomed in our home and he can't ditch us to go see them if we need him or we have plans. But plenty of times he is 100% free to go see them and doesn't because he would rather play video games or something. It is what it is

I have already worked out with my mom that if I die suddenly she is going to move down here and offer to be Dh's nanny for the kids because she and I both know that he will just dump the kids off on MIL to raise because he can be very lazy and the kids nor I want that to happen.
leadfoot40
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:11 pm Absolutely would happen .
RedBottoms

Unread post

what people fail to understand is men are free to make their own choices. If he really wanted to stand up for his family-he would. But its not important enough for him.
RedBottoms

Unread post

And if you are going to be a coward anon might as well call me out by name instead of this insinuating punk bitch move. Cowardly as hell
Reedusstalker

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:16 pm I am sure DH would be up their butt immediately. No doubt.

He does not think they are horrible. Someone else said that -not me. He loves his mommykins and is super up her butt to where she can do no wrong. But he also still makes minimal effort to talk to her or see her. He is neutral on the rest of them. Doesn't hate them but doesn't love them really either.

He is free to see them or talk to them-they are just not welcomed in our home and he can't ditch us to go see them if we need him or we have plans. But plenty of times he is 100% free to go see them and doesn't because he would rather play video games or something. It is what it is

I have already worked out with my mom that if I die suddenly she is going to move down here and offer to be Dh's nanny for the kids because she and I both know that he will just dump the kids off on MIL to raise because he can be very lazy and the kids nor I want that to happen.
You really think your husband would dump your kids off if you died? Because hes lazy? Wow......
RedBottoms

Unread post

Reedusstalker wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:19 pm
RedBottoms wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:16 pm I am sure DH would be up their butt immediately. No doubt.

You really think your husband would dump your kids off if you died? Because hes lazy? Wow......
He would still raise them but he would absolutely leave them with MIL a lot too and try to get her to do the things like picking them up from school etc.

I asked him actually long time ago and he said he would. But would not if my mom did it instead.
wildflowers25
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Besides your obvious dig at a certain poster, the situation would absolutely vary depending on the couple. Too often the wife gets the blame for all the bad blood whether she deserves it or not because the mother of the adult man who got married and started a family can't get that he doesn't still need his hand held. I've seen more than one man who, after divorce or the death of his wife, didn't run right back to his family.
Locked Previous topicNext topic