I have a freaking hole in my eyeball???

Erna
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Last night about 8, all of a sudden it felt like I had an eyelash or something like that in my left eye. I rinsed my eye out and it still felt like there was something in there. I tried rinsing it again, and it felt better so I went to bed. I woke up at around 3 AM. The whole side of my face was sopping wet from my eye-watering. I called my eye doc as soon as they opened at 9. I could feel something poking me inside my eyelid and diving me crazy. It turns out that I have an infection that literally ate a hole in my cornea! I didn't even feel anything until last night. Hopefully the drops she prescribed clear it up soon and there is no scar. DAMN!!
famousglm714
Regent
Regent

Unread post

That's crazy. I didn't even know that was possible! I hope it feels better soon.
Erna
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

famousglm714 wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:45 pm That's crazy. I didn't even know that was possible! I hope it feels better soon.
It's getting better. Thank goodness. It still hurts and is really dry feeling. But better! Thanks!
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Yikes! That would freak me out. Get better asap
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Erna
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

MistressMonster wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:50 pm Yikes! That would freak me out. Get better asap
Thanks! I had no idea how common this is! My eye doctor says she sees it all the time! :shock:
Squirrelcat
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Omg scary! Hope you heal soon!
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Oh my gosh, that's scary!! My dog scratched my eyeball when she was a puppy and took a divot out of it, fortunately she missed my cornea. I went to the ER and ended up with a $600 bill. Plus I had to follow up with an ophthalmologist. In hindsight, I should have just gone to the urgent care center instead of the ER. My eye healed fine. I got antibacterial drops as a preventive.
RedBottoms

Unread post

Erna wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:39 pm Last night about 8, all of a sudden it felt like I had an eyelash or something like that in my left eye. I rinsed my eye out and it still felt like there was something in there. I tried rinsing it again, and it felt better so I went to bed. I woke up at around 3 AM. The whole side of my face was sopping wet from my eye-watering. I called my eye doc as soon as they opened at 9. I could feel something poking me inside my eyelid and diving me crazy. It turns out that I have an infection that literally ate a hole in my cornea! I didn't even feel anything until last night. Hopefully the drops she prescribed clear it up soon and there is no scar. DAMN!!
Omg! That sucks! Hope you feel better. Luckily eye injuries heal quickly. I know from experience lol
Erna
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:58 pm
Erna wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:39 pm Last night about 8, all of a sudden it felt like I had an eyelash or something like that in my left eye. I rinsed my eye out and it still felt like there was something in there. I tried rinsing it again, and it felt better so I went to bed. I woke up at around 3 AM. The whole side of my face was sopping wet from my eye-watering. I called my eye doc as soon as they opened at 9. I could feel something poking me inside my eyelid and diving me crazy. It turns out that I have an infection that literally ate a hole in my cornea! I didn't even feel anything until last night. Hopefully the drops she prescribed clear it up soon and there is no scar. DAMN!!
Omg! That sucks! Hope you feel better. Luckily eye injuries heal quickly. I know from experience lol
I hope you're right. I hate any pain in my eye. The feeling that I have something in there is driving me crazy!!! LOL!
RedBottoms

Unread post

Erna wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:02 pm
RedBottoms wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:58 pm
I hope you're right. I hate any pain in my eye. The feeling that I have something in there is driving me crazy!!! LOL!
About a year ago DH paper cut his eyeball. It healed super fast.
Locked Previous topicNext topic