Walmart grocery pickup, question and and a rant

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I’m lazy but I also work 10 hour days and I have an hour commute to and from work. That means my time is limited.

Walmart grocery is appealing because it doesn’t cost anything extra unlike the other grocery options like Kroger and target and it means I don’t have to walk through the store.

I’ve only done Wal-Mart grocery 3 times but all three times even after I check in it takes them a good 30 minutes to bring my stuff to me. No matter how busy or dead the area is.

Is that normal? Because if so it doesn’t really save me time.

Now onto the surprisingly easy problem they fixed without a fuss. 2 cans of spghettos didn’t make it in the bag but I was charged for them. I didn’t notice until this morning and sent an email telling them I didn’t get those two cans. About an hour later I got an email back saying they refunded it. No questions asked. I was actually surprised they did it without any fuss.
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

So you are sitting in the pick up spot for 30 minutes? That doesn't seem like a good use of time and defeats what you are trying to do. If I understood correctly.
Victoriousmom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I mean, its Walhell what do you expect?

What do the other stores charge?
Anonymous 2

Unread post

MrsDavidB wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:43 am So you are sitting in the pick up spot for 30 minutes? That doesn't seem like a good use of time and defeats what you are trying to do. If I understood correctly.
Yes.

That’s why I’m asking here if it’s normal to wait that long because if it is then I’m going to have to figure something else out. It doesn’t save me any time.
Midnight_Storm
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I really don’t know with Walmart. Our Fry’s which is Kroger, they are pretty quick but they have everything easily accessible at the front. I haven’t seen Walmart’s “staging” area or their system. I’d probably send an email inquiring if that was normal and pointing out that you could go in but your groceries and get out in about that time.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Midnight_Storm wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:46 am I really don’t know with Walmart. Our Fry’s which is Kroger, they are pretty quick but they have everything easily accessible at the front. I haven’t seen Walmart’s “staging” area or their system. I’d probably send an email inquiring if that was normal and pointing out that you could go in but your groceries and get out in about that time.
They sent me an email asking to rate the service and I told them the wait time was too long. I got a canned response that they were sorry and a $10 off code.
Midnight_Storm
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:48 am
Midnight_Storm wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:46 am I really don’t know with Walmart. Our Fry’s which is Kroger, they are pretty quick but they have everything easily accessible at the front. I haven’t seen Walmart’s “staging” area or their system. I’d probably send an email inquiring if that was normal and pointing out that you could go in but your groceries and get out in about that time.
They sent me an email asking to rate the service and I told them the wait time was too long. I got a canned response that they were sorry and a $10 off code.
Hopefully they take that feedback and improve. On a side note, I really really dislike those email templates companies use. They are so generic and don’t really address anything. I’ve had to use them in the past for jobs and always added to them to address more specific because I wasn’t going to send it as is when I know I hate receiving them, lol.
WickedPissah
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

The part of grocery shopping I hate is trying to find things.
I did the hanaford to go and that went fine. But if rather shop for meat separately.
I shit glitter
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I would just go to a smaller store like Publix than deal with Wal-Mart if you're waiting half an hour. I also put a cooler in my car so if there's a better store on my commute or I can slip out during the work day I can throw cold items in it.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:11 am I would just go to a smaller store like Publix than deal with Wal-Mart if you're waiting half an hour. I also put a cooler in my car so if there's a better store on my commute or I can slip out during the work day I can throw cold items in it.
We don’t have Publix here :(

I do have an Aldi and I do shop there which cuts down on the time I spend shopping but there are some things I just can’t get at Aldi.

I’ve got
Randall’s
Target
Walmart
Kroger
Heb
Aldi
We also have a Whole Foods and a sprouts but both are far away and incredibly too expensive.

None are small stores unfortunately except Aldi and sprouts.

I was just really happy to have a good alternative to shopping myself and not having to pay extra for it but I guess it turned out not to be a good alternative
Locked Previous topicNext topic