If you've refused to date a guy with kids, is it because of child support?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I'm curious to see if that's one of the main reason for some women refusing to date men with kids.
WickedPissah
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

That has nothing to do with it.
I shit glitter
famousglm714
Regent
Regent

Unread post

One reason, yes. I also like myself and DS to be number one. I don't really like dealing with kids outside of my family. Also, before I got married I dated one man with a kid and that was enough to put me off of it forever. I'm just don't like dealing with baby mama crap or other people's kids. Or court dates and legal fees. I don't feel like dealing with scheduling issues and tons of other stuff like that. I'm selfish and the first to admit it. Especially when it comes to money. I don't want to change my lifestyle for someone else. Ever.
Foreverme123
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

You better believe it! It's not the only reason, but it's right up there at the top. I don't want to share my family's resources with another woman and kids who aren't mine. I don't want to deal with the threat of it being increased every three years or whatever the routine time periods are for adjustments to it, either. If my DH gets a raise, I want MY family to get a raise, not have it all or mostly go to someone else. I make no apologies for that.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

A lot of women won't date a man with kids because of the drama but if it's the other way around they are assholes.
AnakinVader

Unread post

I honestly thinks it to stay away from Ex drama. Same reason some men don't want to date a woman with kids. They don't want to deal with the Ex and the Drama it brings.
RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

yes it is and I like to be first priority.
Foreverme123
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

famousglm714 wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:15 pm One reason, yes. I also like myself and DS to be number one. I don't really like dealing with kids outside of my family. Also, before I got married I dated one man with a kid and that was enough to put me off of it forever. I'm just don't like dealing with baby mama crap or other people's kids. Or court dates and legal fee. I don't feel like dealing with scheduling issues and tons of other stuff like that. I'm selfish and the first to admit it. Especially when it comes to money.
Same here. Another thing is that I don't want my own children to have to deal with someone else's kids. They each have their own rooms and their own possessions and I don't want them to have to deal with someone else's kids coming through arguing about which room should be theirs and what possessions belonging to my children need to be shared with them or bought for them to make everything tit-for-tat. I'd lose my mind within five seconds.
Foreverme123
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:16 pm A lot of women won't date a man with kids because of the drama but if it's the other way around they are assholes.
That's true for some women, but I'd never fault a guy for turning a mother down because he doesn't want to deal with her kids or the drama involved. I think it's ridiculous to try to force someone to date someone they don't like through shame. Why would anyone think it makes sense to shame someone into dating someone they don't want to date? Do they really think it's good for the children involved to have a stepdad who never wanted to deal with them in the first place?
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:11 pm I'm curious to see if that's one of the main reason for some women refusing to date men with kids.
Partly and baby mama drama
Locked Previous topicNext topic