How hard do you try?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

How hard do you try to keep up your appearance and age? I use some cheaper end wrinkle creams and eye cream, I have highlights in my hair, I work out, I dress trendy in my opinion but not like a teenager and I don't spend a whole lot (usually not more than 20.00 range for clothes per item). I'm not doing any of this to try to look young...I am just doing it to feel better and to "keep my age" so to speak. I have a friend that doesn't think it's necessary to use wrinkle creams or color hair. She will allow her hair to become all grey if it does (which is fine..everyone is different). I told her I don't think I would ever do that..I will always color my hair I think. We are in our mid 40's. What do you do to keep up with appearance and age or do you just let it take place naturally?
Deleted User 172

Unread post

I use a face moisturizer everyday.
Get my eyebrows did. Face mask about once a week.
No make up unless its mascara most of the time.
Idk, I'm 34 and people say I look about 20.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

that's nice to hear I'm sure! :) Last week someone was shocked that I was 45! She kept saying wow you have good genes! Maybe I do, but I feel like I try to do things. Like once i started seeing wrinkles, I put wrinkle cream on the wrinkles and it truly helps...they are still there, but not as deep. I got a new wrinkle last week too! Nothing I can do about it except apply moisturizer. I'm not willing to do anything major like botox. I would be up for a mask if there was something I felt I needed.
Dylexsmommy wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:52 pm I use a face moisturizer everyday.
Get my eyebrows did. Face mask about once a week.
No make up unless its mascara most of the time.
Idk, I'm 34 and people say I look about 20.
Lotus
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I dedicate my personal life to good health. So every day.
RedBottoms

Unread post

I started going grey young. At like 30. So I dye my hair. I blame it on lack of sleep from having twins for the premature grey hair.

I don't really use a lot of eye creams or things like that to prevent aging. I do wear sunscreen if out in sun all day long and I have never done tanning beds or intentional tanning. That is what will age your skin!
famousglm714
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I have used creams and lotions and potions since high school, lol. Sunscreen is essential imo. That and drinking lots of water. I don’t really work out much anymore. I could be a little smaller but I’m not altogether grotesque.

I don’t dye my hair anymore. It’s too long and would take ages. Plus it’s black and people say it’s a shame to ruin it with dye. I have a gray streak I’ve had since high school, lol. It doesn’t bother me.
sarah824
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I don't do any of it... We are all going to get old and I just let it happen naturally. I got my first gray hair at 20 and then really started going gray in my late 20's. I started coloring my hair then and tried keeping up with it for 10+ years. It got to be too much and I stopped. It wasn't worth it to me anymore.

I still make sure I look nice, but I have never been one for doing my hair and makeup everyday so that isn't going to change as I age. I do get my nails done every 4 weeks without fail, but that's about it.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Looking as young as I can is very important to me. Ageism is alive and well in our society. I want to work well into my 70's, and although I feel my performance will speak for itself, I want my appearance to match as young as I feel.
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I color my hair, but not often enough to keep the grey from making an appearance. If I could go all grey I’d never color it again.
I moisturize because I have dry skin, I’m going to age and don’t mind looking 41.
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
Sassy762
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I've always used coconut oil, moisturizer and sunscreen on my face, neck and chest...... and coconut oil on my body. Everyone gets old even though some on here deny it or think they will be young forever, LMAOOOOOOOOOOO I never wear makeup anymore except for maybe mascara or lipstick every once in a blue moon
I used to dye my hair but stopped a a few years ago and I wish I had gray hair. I think I found my first one when I was 52/53 and still only have 3 or 4 :(
I exercise and eat semi healthy
Locked Previous topicNext topic