Grandmother charged with murder

hotspice58
Regent
Regent

My first comment was not to waste any type of energy on her. Just shoot her and get it over with. However, if it comes out that she has any type of mental illness, then hospitals for the mentally ill should be reopened. I know I'm in the minority but if someone with a diagnosed mental illness can hurt someone else, put that person in a hospital.
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

brandyblx wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:58 am
agander2017 wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:40 am
Traci_Momof2 wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:22 pm

I can only hope that the stabbing killed the poor child instantly so it didn't suffer at all in the oven.
I can't even fathom how we breed people that even think of doing something like this to a child. Sickening.
I hope that same thing. That poor sweet baby.... I don't know what is wrong with this world. There are so many sick people living in it. :(
Now the media is saying that the baby was fatally stabbed and baked. Here's to hoping (praying) that it is the truth.
Hopefully. That poor baby... I can't even imagine.

brandyblx
Marchioness
Marchioness

agander2017 wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:28 am
agander2017 wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:40 am

I hope that same thing. That poor sweet baby.... I don't know what is wrong with this world. There are so many sick people living in it. :(
Now the media is saying that the baby was fatally stabbed and baked. Here's to hoping (praying) that it is the truth.
It's the WORST case scenario....the little girl was still alive when her grandmother put her in the oven. :cry: :cry: WTF is wrong with people?! Nobody heard the little girl screaming? ( Not that it says she made any noise, but I'd be screaming if somebody was BAKING me alive! )
brandyblx
Marchioness
Marchioness

SHAW, Miss. - The toddler was still alive when her grandmother allegedly placed her in a hot oven after stabbing her, an autopsy has found.

The death of 20-month-old Royalty Marie Floyd, who was found stabbed and burned inside an oven in Mississippi.

Bolivar County Sheriff Kelvin Williams Sr. said 48-year-old Carolyn Jones was charged with first-degree murder in the death of Floyd in the town of Shaw.

"I've been in law enforcement for 25 or 26 years now," Williams told The Associated Press. "This is one of the most horrible things I've seen . The hardest part ... is to see a child victim."
Jones made an initial appearance October 16th before a judge, who set bail at $500,000. Jones remained jailed and it wasn't immediately clear if she had a lawyer who could speak for her.

Sheriff's officials said Floyd lived with Jones while Floyd's mother lived elsewhere.

Williams said Jones' brother found the body on October 15th night and called police in Shaw. Police in turn called the sheriff's office and others for assistance.

The child's body was sent to the state Crime Lab in Pearl for an autopsy, which confirmed the baby had been placed in the oven while she was still alive, according to WNBC.

Jones was arrested when police arrived at the home, the sheriff said.

"That was the only person who was there with the child at the time," Williams said.

Authorities said they had no immediately information about the circumstances leading up to the child's death.

The sheriff said the murder charge was filed after consultations with Bolivar County District Attorney Brenda Mitchell.

The child was found inside a beige frame house in the north end of Shaw. Police tape still surrounded part of the house Tuesday morning, while a stroller, a high chair, and a trash barrel of toys including a scooter sat near the curb in front of the house. Williams said those toys belonged Royalty.
Neighbors said they rarely saw anyone coming in and out of the home.
"It's a baby. It's an innocent child. She didn't ask to be here," neighbor Tomorrow Williams told WMC-TV.
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

brandyblx wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:33 am
agander2017 wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:28 am

It's the WORST case scenario....the little girl was still alive when her grandmother put her in the oven. :cry: :cry: WTF is wrong with people?! Nobody heard the little girl screaming? ( Not that it says she made any noise, but I'd be screaming if somebody was BAKING me alive! )
Did they do an update that said she was still alive?! Me too! It's possible she was too weak to scream though. There was a case years ago where a mother was jealous that her husband spent more time with their daughter than her. She baked the baby, don't know if it was alive or not, and then fed it to him without him knowing...

I don't know what is wrong with people. Just sick...

Locked Previous topicNext topic