Warren reveals DNA results

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Billie.jeens
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

morgan wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:35 pm Her results actually shows that, statistically she has less Native American DNA than the average white American.

That was her claim, yes?
“Modern journalism is all about deciding which facts the public shouldn’t know because they might reflect badly on Democrats."
Deleted User 473

Unread post

She never claimed to be part of a tribe. Try again BJ
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Billie.jeens wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:45 pm This afternoon the Cherokee Nation released a statement that said in part that DNA tests are useless in determining tribal citizenship and people using DNA to connect themselves to Cherokee Nation is inappropriate.
I posted their entire statement just above your post.
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
Deleted User 473

Unread post

DSamuels wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:47 pm
Billie.jeens wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:45 pm This afternoon the Cherokee Nation released a statement that said in part that DNA tests are useless in determining tribal citizenship and people using DNA to connect themselves to Cherokee Nation is inappropriate.
Where did she say she was part of their tribe? I'll wait..
Billie.jeens
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I'm aware-

I reinforced your very fine post with a bullet point.
“Modern journalism is all about deciding which facts the public shouldn’t know because they might reflect badly on Democrats."
Deleted User 473

Unread post

Billie.jeens wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:49 pm
I'm aware-

I reinforced your very fine post with a bullet point.
All the while ignoring the fact she never claimed to be part of any tribe. The lengths at which you people will go... sickening
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Mother_of_Dragons wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:48 pm
https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-mete ... ive-ameri/

It’s a rather long article but I will just c&p some pertinent parts.

Warren’s central offense dates back to the mid 1980s, when she first formally notified law school administrators that her family tree includes Native Americans. Warren said she grew up with family stories about both grandparents on her mother’s side having some Cherokee or Delaware blood.

That genealogical claim has zero documentary evidence to back it up, according to a PolitiFact review of news and newsletter databases back to 1986.

Before this controversy arose in 2012, there is no account that Warren spoke publicly of having Native American roots, although she called herself Cherokee in a local Oklahoma cookbook in 1984.

As a kid, I never asked my mom about documentation when she talked about our Native American heritage," Warren said in a 2012 campaign ad. "What kid would? But I knew my father’s family didn’t like that she was part Cherokee and part Delaware. So my parents had to elope."

In 1984, a cousin in Oklahoma asked her to contribute recipes for a cookbook billed as "recipes passed down through the Five Tribes families." The book was entitled Pow Wow Chow.

Warren sent five, and under each one, listed herself as Elizabeth Warren, Cherokee.
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
Billie.jeens
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

DSamuels wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:59 pm

Warren’s central offense dates back to the mid 1980s, when she first formally notified law school administrators that her family tree includes Native Americans. Warren said she grew up with family stories about both grandparents on her mother’s side having some Cherokee or Delaware blood.

That genealogical claim has zero documentary evidence to back it up, according to a PolitiFact review of news and newsletter databases back to 1986.

Before this controversy arose in 2012, there is no account that Warren spoke publicly of having Native American roots, although she called herself Cherokee in a local Oklahoma cookbook in 1984.

As a kid, I never asked my mom about documentation when she talked about our Native American heritage," Warren said in a 2012 campaign ad. "What kid would? But I knew my father’s family didn’t like that she was part Cherokee and part Delaware. So my parents had to elope."

In 1984, a cousin in Oklahoma asked her to contribute recipes for a cookbook billed as "recipes passed down through the Five Tribes families." The book was entitled Pow Wow Chow.

Warren sent five, and under each one, listed herself as Elizabeth Warren, Cherokee.

It's my understanding that "Cherokee is, in fact a tribe or Nation.
Is that right?
KnotaDinghy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I have relatives that are 100% NA and they are offended by both Warren's claims and by Trump calling her Pocohantas - as if it is an insult.
He should simply call her a fraud or liar, not names.
DSamuels wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:43 pm Apparently the Cherokee Nation is not impressed.

This afternoon the Cherokee Nation released a statement that said in part that DNA tests are useless in determining tribal citizenship and people using DNA to connect themselves to Cherokee Nation is inappropriate.

You can read the full statement below:

"A DNA test is useless to determine tribal citizenship. Current DNA tests do not even distinguish whether a person's ancestors were indigenous to North or South America. Sovereign tribal nations set their own legal requirements for citizenship, and while DNA tests can be used to determine lineage, such as paternity to an individual, it is not evidence for tribal affiliation. Using a DNA test to lay claim to any connection to the Cherokee Nation or any tribal nation, even vaguely, is inappropriate and wrong. It makes a mockery out of DNA tests and its legitimate uses while also dishonoring legitimate tribal governments and their citizens, who ancestors are well documented and whose heritage is prove. Senator Warren is undermining tribal interests with her continued claims of tribal heritage."

- Cherokee Nation Secretary of State Chuck Hoskin, Jr.

https://www.kjrh.com/news/local-news/ch ... st-results
“You’re either on drugs or retarded.
Nobody posts the crap you post unless they’re abnormal.” - derp
Deleted User 473

Unread post

DSamuels wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:59 pm

Having Indian blood does not automatically make you a part of the tribe. Again I fail to see where she said she was a part of one.
Locked Previous topicNext topic