Warren reveals DNA results

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
libbylu
Regent
Regent

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/warren ... ttacks.amp

Ha! There ya go Trump and followers!
You called her Pocahontas and said she lied.
That was crass and inappropriate of Trump.
We who take the high road knew if her mother or grandmother said there was Native American in their family background they were probably yelling the truth.
Yay Elizabeth Warren!
👏👍🏻
Deleted User 473

Go read my post on this. They are still trying to defend him and say she isn't. I shouldn't laugh at them but I am. Sad and funny to watch.
Deleted User 473

Hey..sent you an email. 😉
hockeymom87
Regent
Regent

I did a 23 and me DNA test it came back that I have .5% West African does that mean I can claim to be black. That’s more of a percentage than Elizabeth Warren has Native American.
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Her results actually shows that, statistically she has less Native American DNA than the average white American.
KAG
Mean Girl
Deleted User 473

morgan wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:35 pm Her results actually shows that, statistically she has less Native American DNA than the average white American.
And?
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s heavily promoted DNA test showing she likely has some Native-American ancestry ended up handing more fodder to Republican critics, who pointed out the test results indicate she could actually have less Native-American heritage than the average European American.

Warren, D-Mass., took the rare step Monday of sharing DNA test results examining her long-challenged Native-American bloodline. According to the analysis, as first reported by The Boston Globe, “the vast majority” of Warren’s family tree is European and there is “strong evidence” she has Native-American ancestry “in the range of 6-10 generations ago.”

As reported by the Globe, this means she could be between 1/64 and 1/1,024 Native American (though the newspaper initially published an erroneous figure and had to correct it).

Republicans countered, though, that having such a trace amount of Native-American heritage should not give Warren “the right to claim minority status” -- as she was accused of doing to advance her career at Harvard years ago.

“Warren might even be less Native American than the average European American,” Republican National Committee spokesman Mike Reed said in a statement Monday. He also cited a 2014 study that puts Warren's claims in perspective.

The study, published by a team of scientists in late 2014 and featured in The New York Times, amounted to the largest-ever genetic profile of the U.S., based on 160,000 people. The study examined the average Native-American ancestry for Americans—including European, African and Latino Americans.

According to the Times report on the study, which can be found on the National Institutes of Health website, “European-Americans had genomes that were on average 98.6 percent European, .19 percent African, and .18 percent Native American.”

WARREN RELEASES DNA ANALYSIS ON NATIVE AMERICAN HERITAGE, FIRING BACK AT TRUMP ATTACKS

For Latino Americans, the average percentage of Native-American ancestry was 18 percent; while African Americans’ average was .8 percent.

If Warren is 10 generations removed from a Native-American ancestor, she would be no more Native American -- .09 percent -- than any of the groups studied in that research. If she's 1/64 Native American, it amounts to 1.5 percent, or greater than the average European American.

Warren, who is mulling a 2020 presidential run, repeatedly has been mocked by President Trump for claiming Native American heritage. Trump has dubbed her “Pocahontas” for months.

But in apparent response to those jabs, Warren produced a video for her Senate re-election campaign playing up the results of her latest DNA test.

In it, Warren says: “The president likes to call my mom a liar. What do the facts say?”

Stanford University Professor Carlos D. Bustamante, who did the analysis, replies: “The facts suggest that you absolutely have Native American ancestry in your pedigree.”

Trump brushed off Warren’s DNA test when asked about it Monday morning.

“Who cares?” Trump said, adding that he “hopes” Warren runs for president.

“I think she’d be very easy. I do not think she’d be difficult at all. She’ll destroy the country. She’ll make our country into Venezuela,” Trump told reporters at the White House. “It’s going to be a long process for the Democrats.”

He also claimed he never made an offer to donate $1 million to Warren's favorite charity if she took a DNA test as part of a debate challenge (he did, at a rally over the summer).

Warren used the Globe report to directly respond to Trump's challenge.

"By the way, @realDonaldTrump: Remember saying on 7/5 that you’d give $1M to a charity of my choice if my DNA showed Native American ancestry? I remember – and here's the verdict. Please send the check to the National Indigenous Women’s Resource Center," Warren tweeted, including a link to the group's website.
Deleted User 473

But proved that she has NA ancestry like she claimed. So she was being truthful and the bigoted and racist president was lieing.

SSDD
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Apparently the Cherokee Nation is not impressed.

This afternoon the Cherokee Nation released a statement that said in part that DNA tests are useless in determining tribal citizenship and people using DNA to connect themselves to Cherokee Nation is inappropriate.

You can read the full statement below:

"A DNA test is useless to determine tribal citizenship. Current DNA tests do not even distinguish whether a person's ancestors were indigenous to North or South America. Sovereign tribal nations set their own legal requirements for citizenship, and while DNA tests can be used to determine lineage, such as paternity to an individual, it is not evidence for tribal affiliation. Using a DNA test to lay claim to any connection to the Cherokee Nation or any tribal nation, even vaguely, is inappropriate and wrong. It makes a mockery out of DNA tests and its legitimate uses while also dishonoring legitimate tribal governments and their citizens, who ancestors are well documented and whose heritage is prove. Senator Warren is undermining tribal interests with her continued claims of tribal heritage."

- Cherokee Nation Secretary of State Chuck Hoskin, Jr.

https://www.kjrh.com/news/local-news/ch ... st-results
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
Billie.jeens
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

This afternoon the Cherokee Nation released a statement that said in part that DNA tests are useless in determining tribal citizenship and people using DNA to connect themselves to Cherokee Nation is inappropriate.
“Modern journalism is all about deciding which facts the public shouldn’t know because they might reflect badly on Democrats."
Locked Previous topicNext topic