Biological Male Wins Women’s Cycling World Championship

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

morgan wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:02 pm I don’t have an issue with people riding their bikes on our streets and in our towns. Do you get mad when children joyfully scream and play in our neighborhoods?
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:51 pm Why are we giving over our streets and towns and free access to a bunch of people who like to ride bikes competitively? Why can't they ride on tracks round and round like race cars?
The issue I have is when there are more that 10 bikers riding in a two lane road and not in single file. We have had so many accidents here.
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Lexy wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:15 pm
morgan wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:02 pm I don’t have an issue with people riding their bikes on our streets and in our towns. Do you get mad when children joyfully scream and play in our neighborhoods?
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:51 pm Why are we giving over our streets and towns and free access to a bunch of people who like to ride bikes competitively? Why can't they ride on tracks round and round like race cars?
The issue I have is when there are more that 10 bikers riding in a two lane road and not in single file. We have had so many accidents here.
Eh. Pedestrians and cyclists have the right of way. The people operating the far more dangerous vehicles are by law expected to yield the right of way to them. I’m okay with that.
KAG
Mean Girl
Poietes
Regent
Regent

Around here when they have races they don't stop traffic and the bikers refuse to obey traffic laws. I have almost hit a biker many times because they run red lights or don't stop at stop signs. They do this wether or not they are racing or training. I absolutely see pinks point of view not this one just from experience. I don't want to kill anyone just because of their stupidity.
”Just because you can doesn’t mean you should.”
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Poietes wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:37 pm
Around here when they have races they don't stop traffic and the bikers refuse to obey traffic laws. I have almost hit a biker many times because they run red lights or don't stop at stop signs. They do this wether or not they are racing or training. I absolutely see pinks point of view not this one just from experience. I don't want to kill anyone just because of their stupidity.
A young man was killed here while training with a group. He was last in line and he ran the light to keep up. Very sad.
Poietes
Regent
Regent

Lexy wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:46 pm
Poietes wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:37 pm

A young man was killed here while training with a group. He was last in line and he ran the light to keep up. Very sad.
Very, and the horrible thing is that person in the car will feel guilt for the rest of their lives for something that wasn't there fault. I was turning left on a green arrow and a bike decided they didn't need to follow traffic rules. Since I was turning left and they were riding on the left side agains traffic he was coming up behind me and I didn't see him until the last second. Luckily I stopped in time but he kept going and gave me a dirty look like I did something wrong going on a green arrow. I have a very hard time having sympathy for the people who act like that.
Poietes
Regent
Regent

morgan wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:32 pm
Lexy wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:15 pm

Eh. Pedestrians and cyclists have the right of way. The people operating the far more dangerous vehicles are by law expected to yield the right of way to them. I’m okay with that.
If cyclists are driving on the road they have to obey traffic laws. They actually don't have a "right of way" when they are a vehicle on the road. Not here anyway.
Deleted User 670

I am talking about when they shut down streets for effin miles for bike races. Like the one Lance Armstrong used to compete in. Have you ever had the bike races come to your city? They come to ours every few years. It's effin' annoying. You can't get downtown all day because they have roads blocked off.
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:31 pm
I am talking about when they shut down streets for effin miles for bike races. Like the one Lance Armstrong used to compete in. Have you ever had the bike races come to your city? They come to ours every few years. It's effin' annoying. You can't get downtown all day because they have roads blocked off.
I guess I never noticed that in my town. I can see how that could be annoying.

Do they give warning when your area plans to shut down streets for a race?
KAG
Mean Girl
Deleted User 670

morgan wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:43 pm
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:31 pm

I guess I never noticed that in my town. I can see how that could be annoying.

Do they give warning when your area plans to shut down streets for a race?
They do but it still doesn't make it any less of an inconvenience and pain in the ass. We have marathons twice a year too. And that royally sucks as well.
Locked Previous topicNext topic