IMPORTANT: Do Not Copy and Paste Entire Articles

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
12skipafew
Khaleesi
Regent
Regent

Unread post

From now on when you want to share an article, please only summarize the article and post a link.

DO NOT copy and paste the entire article because this causes the site to break DMCA laws which has gotten us (well technically me) into trouble.

News articles are protected by copyright protection and DMCA laws. This means that while you can summarize and link to an article, you cannot copy and paste an entire article even if you post the source link at the end of the article.

We have been called out by Google because of it. This is affecting both monetization and indexing (being able to find momconfessions on Google Search.)

I have no idea how Cafemom was able to get away with this but I’ve been called out about it.

Sorry for the inconvenience this will have, especially with the News and Politics group.
🤓The Admin 🤓
Billie.jeens
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

You actually received a DMCA Takedown Notice?
“Modern journalism is all about deciding which facts the public shouldn’t know because they might reflect badly on Democrats."
HanSolo
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Billie.jeens wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:19 pm You actually received a DMCA Takedown Notice?
She said they were called out by google. It's right in the OP.
Billie.jeens
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

HanSolo wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:32 pm
Billie.jeens wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:19 pm You actually received a DMCA Takedown Notice?

That's nice

You can, or you can not, answer the actual question?
“Modern journalism is all about deciding which facts the public shouldn’t know because they might reflect badly on Democrats."
Poietes
Regent
Regent

Unread post

That's kinda crazy. I will make sure to remember that. Thanks Skip.
”Just because you can doesn’t mean you should.”
HanSolo
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Billie.jeens wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:41 pm

That's nice

Again, She said they were called out by google. It's right in the OP.
Billie.jeens
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

HanSolo wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:46 pm

That's nice

I will put you down for "can not".
HanSolo
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Billie.jeens wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:54 pm

That's nice

I will put you down for being a bitch.
Billie.jeens
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

HanSolo wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:57 pm
Billie.jeens wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:54 pm

I will put you down for being a bitch.

Si'
12skipafew
Khaleesi
Regent
Regent

Unread post

No, I did not get a takedown notice. I received a notice from Google stating that News and Politics is being demonetized and posts would no longer be indexed because of DMCA/Copyright infringements. So far MC 2.0 hasn’t been hit as hard with articles but the posts with full articles have been demonetized and are no longer indexed.

If the site is no longer indexed, it will not be able to be found on Google. It’s my fault for not looking into this further, I knew the law on this but I was under the impression that as long as a link was posted we were safe. According to Google, that isn’t the case.

I just don’t want my accounts shut down and the site die off since people won’t be able to find it if it’s no longer indexed.
🤓The Admin 🤓
Locked Previous topicNext topic