Trump suggests 'rogue killers' involved in disappearance of journalist

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Francee89
Regent
Regent

President Donald Trump told reporters that "rogue killers" may be involved in the disappearance of independent journalist Jamal Khashoggi, a Saudi citizen who has been living in the U.S.

The president's comments Monday morning came after he spoke to Saudi Arabia's King Salman, who, Trump said, "denies any knowledge" about Khashoggi's disappearance.

"The king firmly denied any knowledge of it,” Trump said to the press after his phone call with the Saudi king. “He didn't really know, maybe, I don't want to get into his mind but it sounded to me like maybe these could have been rogue killers, who knows?”

Pressed on whether he believed King Salman’s denials, the president wouldn’t say.

“All I can do is report what he told me. He told me in a very firm way that they had no knowledge of it. He said it very strongly,” Trump said. “His denial to me could not have been stronger, that he had no knowledge. It sounded like he and also the crown prince [Mohanmmed bin Salman] had no knowledge.”

Trump also said that Secretary of State Mike Pompeo is leaving "literally within an hour" for Saudi Arabia, and possibly other countries.

Khashoggi, a self-exiled Saudi journalist and prominent critic of the Saudi crown prince, was last seen entering the Saudi consulate in Turkey on Oct. 2 to obtain documents he needed to get married. Turkish authorities have claimed he was murdered in the consulate by Saudi operatives, an allegation the Saudi government has consistently denied.

https://abcnews.go.com/International/tr ... d=58502802
Francee89
Regent
Regent

““All I can do is report what he told me. He told me in a very firm way that they had no knowledge of it. He said it very strongly,” ”

Kim, Putin, Salman/MBS. Why does he always repeat stuff like this, as if anyone but him finds the denials of brutal authoritarian leaders even remotely believable?
Billie.jeens
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Seems like something that the CIA would do.
“Modern journalism is all about deciding which facts the public shouldn’t know because they might reflect badly on Democrats."
HanSolo
Duchess
Duchess

We can't post articles anymore. viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7500
Deleted User 473

Oh FFS
Francee89
Regent
Regent

HanSolo wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:54 am We can't post articles anymore. viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7500
Edited down, thanks.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Trump is a gullible man and easily fooled and the world leaders are all well aware of this. It didn’t take long for them to figure out how to con him. Tell trump you think he’s a genius and then give him a conspiracy theory, the more bizzare the better, the more against common sense the better. They love it.
Deleted User 670

FFS. Yeah and the White Supremacist assholes who turned Charlottesville into a war zone were 'very fine people'. Trump needs to have his mouth sewn shut and his thumbs removed so he can't talk and can't tweet.
Deleted User 473

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:37 pm FFS. Yeah and the White Supremacist assholes who turned Charlottesville into a war zone were 'very fine people'. Trump needs to have his mouth sewn shut and his thumbs removed so he can't talk and can't tweet.
You are too kind
Billie.jeens
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Wonder why none of the stories are highlighting the fact that this "journalist" was a long time member of the Muslim Brotherhood which, made him a terrorist to the Saudi's.
“Modern journalism is all about deciding which facts the public shouldn’t know because they might reflect badly on Democrats."
Locked Previous topicNext topic