I freaking hate stupid attendance policies

Anonymous 1

Unread post

My 15 yo is sick. He is running a fever and just genuinely feels like shit. I suspect a sinus infection. But because of their stupid attendance policy of not missing more than 6 days he has to go. Not only does he have to go but he has to stay the whole day. Its so freaking stupid.......OK rant over
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Why does he have to stay? What will happen if he doesn't show up? Couldn't a doctor's note make it a excused absence?

I only ask because my kids school has no such rule. My kids got sick with the flu and was out of school for 5 and a half days.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

So basically your kid is taught how the real world works & you think it's unfair. Lol
Lilysma719
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I'm glad my dd's school isn't like that. If you get a doctor's note, can he stay home?
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Sounds like real life, how dare they!
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:56 am Why does he have to stay? What will happen if he doesn't show up? Couldn't a doctor's note make it a excused absence?

I only ask because my kids school has no such rule. My kids got sick with the flu and was out of school for 5 and a half days.
He has also had the flu so he faces retentionif he misses any more school. Im not sitting in the ER all say to get a note. We wouldnt ba able to get him into the dr today.
caustib
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Why can't you just take him to a regular doctor?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

caustib wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:15 am Why can't you just take him to a regular doctor?
Cant get him an appointment
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Walk in clinic?
caustib
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:18 am
caustib wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:15 am Why can't you just take him to a regular doctor?
Cant get him an appointment
You don't have walk in clinics like in CVS or Walgreens?
Locked Previous topicNext topic