Father's day drama year too because I "dont love my father"

Unread post

Where I live father's day isnt until September. I celebrate my father even though he passed a few years ago. My mother always gets mad because I dont celebrate it on fathers day in the US where her and my dad lived when he died.

When my dad was alive I would call him and say happy fathers day in June but I would get him my present and do a shout out on facebook and all that in September.

Well last year dh, the kids, and I were in the states on vacation when it was fathers day. My mom told us (not asked us) that we were going to spend the last day of our trip at a fathers day bbq. We had other plans and didnt want to drop them to go to a bbq with a much of random strangers. She said I was disrespectful towards my dad for not going and DH for not letting him go. DH flat out told her he didnt want to go and that we would do our own thing.

Well I didnt do anything for my dad for fathers day in the US this year and my mom is freaking out again. She says I am the worst daughter and my dad is looking down on me hating me. She even had the audacity to call my kids and tell them to say rude things to me (they didnt say them "too me" just told me what she had said)

On top of that she made a post on facebook about how her daughter is rude and disrespectful and all this BS. I know it is about me because she hasnt be in contact with my sister in a long time.

I am just over it. I am so ready to tell her if she cant cut her shit out I am going to be done dealing with her.

I know she has had a hard time moving on with her life but this is just ridiculous.
lunarprancer
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I'm sorry.
AHufflepuffMom
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

If your dad passed away, what are you supposed to be doing?
Image #makechesterproud
#f*uckdepression

Unread post

Shit, my title was supposed to say "Father's day drama this year too". I cant edit it though

Unread post

AHufflepuffMom wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:24 pm If your dad passed away, what are you supposed to be doing?
She essentially wants me to celebrate fathers day on that day instead of what I do in september. It is all really stupid overall. My dad wouldnt care and it isnt like I do anything crazy. Usually just a facebook post with pictures and stuff
lunarprancer
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Guest wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:26 pm Shit, my title was supposed to say "Father's day drama this year too". I cant edit it though
Would you like me to change it?
Bakingmomma
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Sorry your mom is such a pain.
eyes4ears
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Yup, that's some drama.
Stupid drama.
Spookly
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Your mom needs to keep her shitty ass attitude focused on something else and not bring you down. She's not the only one suffering from the loss.
Deleted User 66

Unread post

It's amazing how every post like this the other person calls them rude and disrespectful.
Locked Previous topicNext topic