Me not smoking on my way to work isn't going to stop me from smelling like cigarettes

Unread post

I thought you were going to move on. Give it up. your not going to change the fact that i smoke. Once again my choice.

Momto2boys973 wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:24 pm And the whole “my health, my business” attitude is disgusting. When you’re exposing others to carcenogenic crap it’s not just your health.
But I was a smoker once. I remember being that dumb and in denial and being so selfish because I wanted to justify my addiction.
Seeing my grandmother slowly and painfully drowning from within really opened my eyes. Thankfully I had already been smoke free for like 7 years by then, but it convinced me never to even be tempted again. And it made me lose any respect for anyone still that blinded, spreading all that crap to innocent people.
LuluJa wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:52 pm
leadfoot40 wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:26 am Have fun with emphysema
And COPD too. So sad people don’t see that.
leadfoot40
Regent
Regent

Unread post

LuluJa wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:52 pm
leadfoot40 wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:26 am Have fun with emphysema
And COPD too. So sad people don’t see that.
They know, they are just naive thinking it'll never happen to them
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Guest wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:40 pm It is only my health nobody is forced to be around me. Everyone has a choice to be around me just like i have a choice to smoke.

Momto2boys973 wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:48 pm If it was only your health, then by all means, destroy it as you wish. But it’s not only your health when it comes to smoking, you put other people at risk too. So it’s not only your business.
Guest wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:32 pm My health, my business.

Except for the clients who are assigned to you. They don't get a choice.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14

Unread post

MistressMonster wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:06 pm
Guest wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:40 pm It is only my health nobody is forced to be around me. Everyone has a choice to be around me just like i have a choice to smoke.

Momto2boys973 wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:48 pm If it was only your health, then by all means, destroy it as you wish. But it’s not only your health when it comes to smoking, you put other people at risk too. So it’s not only your business.

And i didn't ask to be assigned to her. It isnt like i hide the fact i smoke. Some of my client smoke as well and some don't and have no issues with me smoking. All of my clients kmow i smoke and are more than welcome to call and ask for a non smoking aid. Most look past the fact that i smoke because i am a very good aid.
Spunky
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I've worked as a CNA and I've been a smoker. I can tell you 100% you absolutely stink. Everything around you stinks. People can absorb toxins from the smoking when you touch them. There are many layers to smoking. I quit about 3 months ago and even though my clothes have been washed several times since they still stink. That shit sticks to everything.
I can 💯% assure you,you don't want to die from emphysema. It's a horrible way to go. I'm sure as an aide you've experienced this. Imagine the pain your children will feel as they watch you suffocating. The helplessness they will experience. It's not easy and I am going cold turkey with only God as my aide. I want one every minute of everyday bit know it WILL kill me whether it be from cancer,heart attack,stroke or emphysema,it will eventually catch up to me. You may be okay with all that but your client cares more about their health than you so the least you can do is honor her wishes because you are her caregiver and it's the clients request.
Spunky
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Guest wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:17 pm

And i didn't ask to be assigned to her. It isnt like i hide the fact i smoke. Some of my client smoke as well and some don't and have no issues with me smoking. All of my clients kmow i smoke and are more than welcome to call and ask for a non smoking aid. Most look past the fact that i smoke because i am a very good aid.
I have to disagree cause if you were that good of an aide you'd do as the client asks.

Unread post

Spunky wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:29 pm I've worked as a CNA and I've been a smoker. I can tell you 100% you absolutely stink. Everything around you stinks. People can absorb toxins from the smoking when you touch them. There are many layers to smoking. I quit about 3 months ago and even though my clothes have been washed several times since they still stink. That shit sticks to everything.
I can 💯% assure you,you don't want to die from emphysema. It's a horrible way to go. I'm sure as an aide you've experienced this. Imagine the pain your children will feel as they watch you suffocating. The helplessness they will experience. It's not easy and I am going cold turkey with only God as my aide. I want one every minute of everyday bit know it WILL kill me whether it be from cancer,heart attack,stroke or emphysema,it will eventually catch up to me. You may be okay with all that but your client cares more about their health than you so the least you can do is honor her wishes because you are her caregiver and it's the clients request.
As a previous smoker you should know that i will quit if and when i am ready and i agreed to not smoke while on the clock but i will smoke on my way to work. The one not honoring her wishes is the office not me.

Unread post

Spunky wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:32 pm
Guest wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:17 pm

I have to disagree cause if you were that good of an aide you'd do as the client asks.

The client didn't ask anything of me. I don't assign aids. That is yhe office not doing what she asked. I agreed to not smoke while on the clock. But when i am on my own time then it is my business. Unless they want to pay me for my drive to work.
And i must be doing something right since i have had many clients want to keep me as their full time aide.
Guest2.0

Unread post

I don't know why anyone starts smoking in this day and age. But that being said, I guess they need to be prepared to lose this client.
ReadingRainbow
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Maybe smelling smoke can hurt her health.
Locked Previous topicNext topic