what is the first step?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

What happens when a spouse threatens to take your kid if you leave? This is the second time he threatened to keep my baby if I leave. The first time was a month ago. I went out with my girlfriend against his wishes and when I returned he blocked me from getting inside and kept the baby. He told me to call the cops and he would tell them that I'm trespassing. A few times we got into it before we had the baby and he threatened to destroy all of my belongings. I know it was dumb to have a baby but there's no going back. This past weekend I took all of my boys with me to visit my mom out of state and my SO flipped out on me. My 2 older boys are not his so he only cared that I took our child. He was ok with me visiting her but he was not ok with me staying the weekend without him. We been arguing for the past 2 days. Yesterday he stayed home from work and I suspected that he stayed home to watch me like a hawk. Today when I got me and the baby prepared to leave after my SO went to work, I noticed that the carseat was gone, that left me stranded in the house until he came home. He came home 2 hours ago and took the baby with him. He refused to tell me where he was going at first but then he finally told me he is going to Walmart. I planned to have all of my ducks in a row before I left but things are getting out of my control faster than anticipated.
BlessedMommie88
Countess
Countess

Unread post

The first step is talking to a lawyer. Go in for a consultation.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

https://www.thehotline.org/
1-800-799-7233

call the hotline for information on your legal rights and how to make a plan to leave. I'm glad to hear you have a relationship with your Mom. That may be your best source of support to leave. Ask her to borrow or buy a carseat for the baby to have it ready. Don't wait for the an act of violence.
RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

BlessedMommie88 wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:21 pm The first step is talking to a lawyer. Go in for a consultation.
Thanks. I never used a lawyer before.
RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

well damn now I'm not anon ugh
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:21 pm https://www.thehotline.org/
1-800-799-7233

call the hotline for information on your legal rights and how to make a plan to leave. I'm glad to hear you have a relationship with your Mom. That may be your best source of support to leave. Ask her to borrow or buy a carseat for the baby to have it ready. Don't wait for the an act of violence.
Yep and I'd leave either when he's at work if I had to walk to do it or I'd get mom to bring a big guy with her. It would be best though to leave when he's away.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

What state are you in?
RealisticBeauty wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:28 pm
BlessedMommie88 wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:21 pm The first step is talking to a lawyer. Go in for a consultation.
Thanks. I never used a lawyer before.
Spunky
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Are you married to this man?
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Are you legally married to him? I live in Ohio and if a child is born to an unwed Mother she automatically has custody until a court says otherwise. So if you live in a similar state he cannot just take the baby, though if you let him take her/him alone and he keeps them you do have to go to court since police won't interfere with custody here.

If you are married to him don't listen to his threats. He's blowing smoke up your ass to get you to stay. Get your shit in order, take your kids and leave. He'll have to go to court to establish custody.
RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:21 pm https://www.thehotline.org/
1-800-799-7233

Thanks a lot. I know the signs of domestic violence and we are close to that point so I am definitely out of here. I already packed up my car with my important stuff while he is out with the baby.
Locked Previous topicNext topic