I think this is definitely judgement-worthy.

Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

This morning as I was taking my 6th grader to school I saw something that's almost certainly worthy of judgement, and I'm pretty sure illegal. I ended up behind a pick-up truck on the way to the school. There was a person riding in the bed of the pick-up truck, just sitting there in the open bed. I didn't think too much of it until the pick-up pulled into the school in front of me, and the person jumped out and I realized it was a student. This is a 6-8 school so we are talking about a kid who is at most 14 years old. And before reaching the school the pick-up was going down a highway with a 55mph speed limit - with the kid just sitting back there in the open.

Unfortunately, it's not entirely uncommon around here to see people riding around in an open pickup bed, but I thought people would be smarter with their kids.

Unread post

It's illegal here
famousglm714
Regent
Regent

Unread post

That's crazy. I don't even like when people do it with dogs, lol. Makes me sad. I'd maybe say something to the school or police. I'm not sure though about getting involved. Nothing would be done about it here, I'm almost positive of that. I called about someone literally drinking and driving (beer) and they just disregarded me.
Nopeville
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

We used to do it all the time when I was a kid, but I do think it's illegal in most places now. Oh, and I'd never let me kids do it on an actual road, much yet a highway.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

It's not a smart thing to do- but my parents friends used to put us in the back of the pickup truck. Actually many years ago I rode in the back of my mother's through town. For some reason we took my dog and I wanted to make sure he wouldn't jump out. So eh. But no I wouldn't put a kid back there.
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I just looked on line and in some states this is perfectly legal. It is Mind blowing that a parent however would allow this at all.
mojogirl
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

i remember riding around in the back of pickup trucks as a kid. fun times.

that said, it's illegal here. you have to be 18 and then apparently you're old enough to decide if you want to die or not.
AsteroidStar
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Would I do that with my own kids? Hell no..but honestly I am tired of the judgement crap. I have far more important things to do with my time than sit and decide for myself whether or not I approve of a total strangers actions. The fact is it doesn't matter what I think. My opinion is not going to make them change what they do.
You might be a king or a lowly street sweeper, but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.
CafemomAnon
Countess
Countess

Unread post

I'm a country girl. We ride in the back of pickups. 🤷‍♀️
Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Meh.
Locked Previous topicNext topic