College accounts

Unread post

Do you have college accounts for your children that you regularly contribute to?

Unread post

We dont contribute to them anymore (the kids are either graduated or current in school which is already paid for) but we started the savings account before we even started trying for kids.
Rebeccaraev2
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I have a savings account for them. It is not dictated specifically for traditional college however. It can be used for a trade or a gap year.
mrsjules79
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Had about $18k in her college account. She got a lot of grants that took care of her 1st year and would've taken her through this next year if she didn't live on campus last year. This semester was also paid for with the money I put away. After that, she's got her grants and financial aid. Her out of pocket is about $2k a semester. Private school with a $30k/year tuition but her grants and aid cover almost all of it. She works and is living with her bf.

Unread post

No, I am have helped out a bit but the majority of their college educations is on them. They have gotten scholarships, financial aid, I have helped out with some and the rest was out their pockets. Thus far 2yrs of school and zero debt.
RedBottoms

Unread post

No. We are instead trying to pay off vehicles and the house so that when they need that money-we will try to have some more since we paid off most debt by that point.
leadfoot40
Regent
Regent

Unread post

No

Unread post

Nope, shes going to College for free .

Unread post

We have one for my oldest, though we will be able to pay his way without it. Once the little two are out of daycare we will start accounts for them.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

yes
Locked Previous topicNext topic