My kids refuse to go to their grandfather's funeral

Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

They lost their son. I now understand what pain that is since my own parents lost their son just last month. I can’t imagine how devastated and desperate they would be if my brother’s widow also took their grandkids away, the one thing that’s left of their son. People experiencing such unbelievable pain don’t always act rationally and from what I remember from you before is that you didn’t give a rat’s ass about their pain, you didn’t even try to see how you could accommodate them in your kids’ lives. You were very heartless.
Now you have a chance to be a good, compassionate person and you still prefer not to. I guess that’s your right, so do whatever you want 🤷‍♀️. But that woman has lost everything and everyone she loved and you can’t even muster an ounce of kindness to throw her a bone.
Guest wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:58 pm If you threaten to take my children away from me I will no longer have contact with you. That is a completely normal response.

My kids are not vindictive, bitter maybe because while they were dealing with the grieve of their father dying their grandparents were threatening to take them away from their mother. I am pretty sure that would make anyone bitter
Momto2boys973 wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:40 pm This, 100%
HaggardWitch wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:32 am This situation certainly got blown out of proportion. The in-laws missed their son, so they reached out to you. Grief made them overbearing, but it would have subsided.

I think your decision was to move back to your family was a good one. Some patience towards your in-laws would have soothed their grief and they would have been more bearable.

But bitterness has set in. You and your children are acting just like your in-laws did. You MIL lost her son, grandchildren and now husband; and you and your children are still bitter and vindictive. Are you all really so rigid?
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
RedBottoms

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:17 am They lost their son. I now understand what pain that is since my own parents lost their son just last month. I can’t imagine how devastated and desperate they would be if my brother’s widow also took their grandkids away, the one thing that’s left of their son. People experiencing such unbelievable pain don’t always act rationally and from what I remember from you before is that you didn’t give a rat’s ass about their pain, you didn’t even try to see how you could accommodate them in your kids’ lives. You were very heartless.
Now you have a chance to be a good, compassionate person and you still prefer not to. I guess that’s your right, so do whatever you want 🤷‍♀️. But that woman has lost everything and everyone she loved and you can’t even muster an ounce of kindness to throw her a bone.
Guest wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:58 pm If you threaten to take my children away from me I will no longer have contact with you. That is a completely normal response.

My kids are not vindictive, bitter maybe because while they were dealing with the grieve of their father dying their grandparents were threatening to take them away from their mother. I am pretty sure that would make anyone bitter

I don't think your parents first of all probably ignored your brother and his kids like the OP's inlaws did. They probably saw them more than just holidays. Secondly, would you honestly support your parents trying to take custody away from their mother? She never said they could not see the kids. She said they could see the kids 2 times a year which is what they were doing previously anyway.

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:17 am They lost their son. I now understand what pain that is since my own parents lost their son just last month. I can’t imagine how devastated and desperate they would be if my brother’s widow also took their grandkids away, the one thing that’s left of their son. People experiencing such unbelievable pain don’t always act rationally and from what I remember from you before is that you didn’t give a rat’s ass about their pain, you didn’t even try to see how you could accommodate them in your kids’ lives. You were very heartless.

This woman lost everything she loved through her own choices. She and her husband ignored their son and his kids while he was alive. They lived in the same town as their son and grandkids and saw them at Christmas ONLY. OP told them before she moved that she would ensure the they would come back to visit several times. Before she could even move the grandparents filed for custody. Their grief did not give them the right to destroy what was left of their family. It did not give them the right to stalk and harass those kids to the point of needing ROs. even then it didn't stop dear ole grandpa from harassing them to the point where he violated the order several times to where he was in jail over it.What bone is OP to give this cruel,selfish woman? The kids are now adults and there is a RO to keep her away from them. This wasn't about grief. This is about their selfishness and thinking they and their feelings are the only ones that mattered. Mom's choices are what led her to today. Not OP

Unread post

How are you always so confused? I am not his widow

Aislinn
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

Guest wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:53 pm
Aislinn wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:42 pm
guest wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:35 pm

No it isnt different at all. Not at the core of it. It is still someone trying usurp the parents wishes for their children and the authority over that child. No one WANTS to cut out their parents. N one wants to keep grandchildren from their grandparents. Bit sometimes it HAS to be done
Imagine burying your child. Imagine what that would do to you. Then add the only part of him being taken away (their perception). They were not thinking clearly. They became frantic. Again, I have two sets of grandparents that couldn't care less if i ceased to exist tomorrow. I wish I had GPs that cared. I hope, for this family, they can start to heal together before it is entirely too late.
It is already too late
That's a shame. I didn't know your husband, but I can bet this isn't what he wanted. From any of you.
Aislinn
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

Guest wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:11 am How are you always so confused? I am not his widow

How is she supposed to know? You know how you make sure people are not confused? Don't sign in as "guest".

Unread post

Aislinn wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:22 pm
Aislinn wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:42 pm

Imagine burying your child. Imagine what that would do to you. Then add the only part of him being taken away (their perception). They were not thinking clearly. They became frantic. Again, I have two sets of grandparents that couldn't care less if i ceased to exist tomorrow. I wish I had GPs that cared. I hope, for this family, they can start to heal together before it is entirely too late.
It is already too late
That's a shame. I didn't know your husband, but I can bet this isn't what he wanted. From any of you.
He was my ex husband and I have no doubt that he would agree with cutting them out. He was not close to them at all and he would not tolerate anyone taking the children away from me or him.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

And pray tell, Einstein... how and i supposed to know if you sign in as “guest”? Can’t you even come up with something like “guest1” so people don’t make assumptions? Gee, lazy, bitchy and cowardly. You sound like a total winner there 😂
Guest wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:11 am How are you always so confused? I am not his widow

❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️

Unread post

Aislinn wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:23 pm

How is she supposed to know? You know how you make sure people are not confused? Don't sign in as "guest".
Reading the post would answer that for her. This has nothing to do with being a guest, the info is in the post
Aislinn
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

Guest wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:29 pm
Aislinn wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:22 pm

It is already too late
He was my ex husband and I have no doubt that he would agree with cutting them out. He was not close to them at all and he would not tolerate anyone taking the children away from me or him.
That explains it. I'm moving on now.
Locked Previous topicNext topic