My kids refuse to go to their grandfather's funeral

Iffrinn
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

HaggardWitch wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:32 am This situation certainly got blown out of proportion. The in-laws missed their son, so they reached out to you. Grief made them overbearing, but it would have subsided.

I think your decision was to move back to your family was a good one. Some patience towards your in-laws would have soothed their grief and they would have been more bearable.

But bitterness has set in. You and your children are acting just like your in-laws did. You MIL lost her son, grandchildren and now husband; and you and your children are still bitter and vindictive. Are you all really so rigid?
Sorry, but if you threaten to try to take my kids from me, I don't care WHO you are, or WHAT the circumstance may be, you are GONE from my life FOREVER, and from the lives of my kids until they are 18 and can decide to have contact with you if they wish. As long as it's my decision, NO WAY does it happen.
Aislinn
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

Guest wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:36 am
HaggardWitch wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:32 am This situation certainly got blown out of proportion. The in-laws missed their son, so they reached out to you. Grief made them overbearing, but it would have subsided.

I think your decision was to move back to your family was a good one. Some patience towards your in-laws would have soothed their grief and they would have been more bearable.

But bitterness has set in. You and your children are acting just like your in-laws did. You MIL lost her son, grandchildren and now husband; and you and your children are still bitter and vindictive. Are you all really so rigid?
If you threaten to take my children away from me I will no longer have contact with you. That is a completely normal response.

My kids are not vindictive, bitter maybe because while they were dealing with the grieve of their father dying their grandparents were threatening to take them away from their mother. I am pretty sure that would make anyone bitter
Let's be honest, here. Grandparents rights and trying to take your kids away are different. What I would have done for grandparents that have a rat's ass about me.

Unread post

Aislinn wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:24 pm

If you threaten to take my children away from me I will no longer have contact with you. That is a completely normal response.

My kids are not vindictive, bitter maybe because while they were dealing with the grieve of their father dying their grandparents were threatening to take them away from their mother. I am pretty sure that would make anyone bitter
Let's be honest, here. Grandparents rights and trying to take your kids away are different. What I would have done for grandparents that have a rat's ass about me.
No it isnt different at all. Not at the core of it. It is still someone trying usurp the parents wishes for their children and the authority over that child. No one WANTS to cut out their parents. N one wants to keep grandchildren from their grandparents. Bit sometimes it HAS to be done

Unread post

They tried to prove I was an unfit mother in court so they could get full custody
Aislinn
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

Guest wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:54 pm

They tried to prove I was an unfit mother in court so they could get full custody
I am sure this was traumatic for all of you. I cannot imagine the pain you have all suffered.
Aislinn
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

guest wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:35 pm

No it isnt different at all. Not at the core of it. It is still someone trying usurp the parents wishes for their children and the authority over that child. No one WANTS to cut out their parents. N one wants to keep grandchildren from their grandparents. Bit sometimes it HAS to be done
Imagine burying your child. Imagine what that would do to you. Then add the only part of him being taken away (their perception). They were not thinking clearly. They became frantic. Again, I have two sets of grandparents that couldn't care less if i ceased to exist tomorrow. I wish I had GPs that cared. I hope, for this family, they can start to heal together before it is entirely too late.

Unread post

Aislinn wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:42 pm

Imagine burying your child. Imagine what that would do to you. Then add the only part of him being taken away (their perception). They were not thinking clearly. They became frantic. Again, I have two sets of grandparents that couldn't care less if i ceased to exist tomorrow. I wish I had GPs that cared. I hope, for this family, they can start to heal together before it is entirely too late.
It is already too late

Unread post

Aislinn wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:42 pm

There is NO EXCUSE for trying to destroy a family. they destroyed any chance of a relationship with their grandchildren after years of neglect and ignoring them until their dad died. Only then did those kids mean anything to them.Especially in this case. These grandparents lived in the same town as these kids. They very rarely interacted with these almost grown kids or their son while he was alive. The original OP once described their relationship as holiday only. It wasn't until after the father died and mom went to move that they gave a damn and tried to destroy their family. Their behavior was so bad that the now adult kids obtained ROs to protect them from these very delusional people. They destroyed their family and even now the GM is still intent on destroying it.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

This, 100%

❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:40 pm This, 100%

Locked Previous topicNext topic