PLAN B questions...please HELP!!!

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Is Plan B covered by most health insurances? Are there any side effects that I should be aware of? Please HELP!!!
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:59 pm Is Plan B covered by most health insurances? Are there any s de effects that I should be aware of? Please HELP!!!
Ask your Dr trollina,
madfoodie
Sparkles the Elf
Regent
Regent

Unread post

The birth control troll again?
i want candy!
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I suppose if a doctor wrote a script maybe but from what I have seen most insurances don't like to pay for things you can buy OTC. Some are good and will but most will not.

When people complain about the price at work I tell them 50 bucks is cheaper than a baby lol.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I think some health insurance do cover it but you need a prescription and not get it over the counter. You may be able to get it cheaper at planned parenthood though I'm not 100 percent sure. The plan b pill is a higher dose of birth control pretty much so yes you can have some side effects.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

It's over the counter, I don't think insurance companies cover OTC stuff. Plan B is just .75mg levonorgestrel aka progestin so you could call your doc and have him/her prescribe a pack of a progestin-only 0.35mg bc which is generally cheaper AND an rx so insurance will cover it and you'd just take 4 of those instead of the 2 Plan B .75mg. And you could stash the other 24 pills away for the 6 more times you have unprotected S*x. But I'd really recommend getting on some birth control.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:23 pm It's over the counter, I don't think insurance companies cover OTC stuff. Plan B is just .75mg levonorgestrel aka progestin so you could call your doc and have him/her prescribe a pack of a progestin-only 0.35mg bc which is generally cheaper AND an rx so insurance will cover it and you'd just take 4 of those instead of the 2 Plan B .75mg. And you could stash the other 24 pills away for the 6 more times you have unprotected S*x. But I'd really recommend getting on some birth control.
Thanks so much!! The condom broke so I've learned my lesson. I'm going to talk to my Dr about BC. I read that I can take it up to three days after S*x. Do I have a pretty good chance of not getting pregnant if I take this?
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:46 pm
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:23 pm It's over the counter, I don't think insurance companies cover OTC stuff. Plan B is just .75mg levonorgestrel aka progestin so you could call your doc and have him/her prescribe a pack of a progestin-only 0.35mg bc which is generally cheaper AND an rx so insurance will cover it and you'd just take 4 of those instead of the 2 Plan B .75mg. And you could stash the other 24 pills away for the 6 more times you have unprotected S*x. But I'd really recommend getting on some birth control.
Thanks so much!! The condom broke so I've learned my lesson. I'm going to talk to my Dr about BC. I read that I can take it up to three days after S*x. Do I have a pretty good chance of not getting pregnant if I take this?
The longer you wait, the more of a crapshoot it is. I've never used it tbh so I don't know. You should take it asap as in 'the morning after' at the latest. That's why it was called 'the morning after pill'.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Is it just me or does it seem to anyone else that there's an awful lot of questions about birth control lately???
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Do you have a doctor?
Locked Previous topicNext topic