Teenaged mother. She did so much better than me!

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:55 pm You can go back to school too, you know.
I may do that. Not sure, though. I'm busy working and trying to pay for everything still. She gets scholarships because she's smart but I'm still holding down the fort at home for now.

Unread post

AnnieArk wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:59 pm Congratulations! She's lucky to have such a determined, loving mother.
Thank you. I honestly appreciate that.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Guest wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:00 pm
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:55 pm You can go back to school too, you know.
I may do that. Not sure, though. I'm busy working and trying to pay for everything still. She gets scholarships because she's smart but I'm still holding down the fort at home for now.
See what your company offers in tuition reimbursement. Classes at your local community college will be cheaper than your local public university too. My sister and I were the first in our family to ever go to college, but my mother got her associates degree in accounting when she was in her 40's. If your company doesn't, maybe it's time to dust off that resume and start applying to companies that do. It's a nice bennie. My nephew worked for Target out of high school and they paid for his college classes.
Victoriousmom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Guest wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:54 pm
Victoriousmom wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:50 pm Good for her! You not so much.
I'm aware. I just feel a huge weight off my shoulders right now and a lot of pride for her.
As you should.

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:07 pm
See what your company offers in tuition reimbursement. Classes at your local community college will be cheaper than your local public university too. My sister and I were the first in our family to ever go to college, but my mother got her associates degree in accounting when she was in her 40's. If your company doesn't, maybe it's time to dust off that resume and start applying to companies that do. It's a nice bennie. My nephew worked for Target out of high school and they paid for his college classes.
Thank you.

Unread post

Victoriousmom wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:18 pm
Guest wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:54 pm
Victoriousmom wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:50 pm Good for her! You not so much.
I'm aware. I just feel a huge weight off my shoulders right now and a lot of pride for her.
As you should.
Thanks.
MissFoxyMulder
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

You should be proud momma! Did her dad step up at all? (Just curious...no real reason to ask lol)

Unread post

MissFoxyMulder wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:29 pm You should be proud momma! Did her dad step up at all? (Just curious...no real reason to ask lol)
Thank you.

No. He was much older than me and I'm pretty sure he was afraid of being prosecuted for statutory rape. He was 26 when I got pregnant at the age of 15.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Congratulations sweetie! ❤

You did great! Being a single mother is hard and I'm sure you had more than your share of struggles. You have every right to be proud!
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:07 pm
That's awesome both for you girls and momma! :)
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Locked Previous topicNext topic