Fussy formula fed baby HELP

Unread post

Help! This child cries all the time! No breast milk ever only formula. I don’t want to hear it I’m on medication that wouldn’t be safe for breastfeeding! Anyway I want to help my sweet baby. Will be 4 weeks old in 3 days.

We have tried a variety of “gentle” formulas even nutramigen (so)
We have done chiropractic care
We have vibrating seats, mamaroo, RNP
We have burped, bicycled the legs, infant massage.

Help!!!
CandTmom
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Have you talked to your pediatrician?

Some babies just cry a lot. My daughter did. It was horrible.

Unread post

CandTmom wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:51 pm Have you talked to your pediatrician?

Some babies just cry a lot. My daughter did. It was horrible.
Yes they just keep giving me different formula samples. I think it’s gas pain. He does not spit up a lot. So we don’t think it’s an allergy or sensitivity. Just extreme fussiness
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Sounds like colic. I call it baby- doesn't- know- what's- wrongitis. Or baby hates being helpless-itis. There are all kinds of remedies to try. Swaddling. Massage. Bicycling the legs to get rid of gas. Burping him. Whiskey (for you). I see you've tried those things. Taking my son outside and walking so he could see things helped. sometimes you've got to ride it out. It gets better as they get older.
Mom of Two

Unread post

My oldest daughter was exclusively breastfed and like this. Screaming and crying all the time until she passed major gas and then she was fine. A friend suggested mylicon. It is liquid gold!! It is like a lubricant for their little tummies. I think I had 4 bottles on hand at all times, one in diaper bag,one at upstairs rocker, one at downstairs rocker, and one in the medicine cabinet. Maybe that would help your little one too.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Are you using the slowest flow nipple? Are you setting him upright to feed him and burping after every ounce? If not give that a try and see if it helps. Get some mylicon gas drops for babies too, it helped my daughter a lot. It was a god send, actually. YOu can also try some infant probiotics too.

https://www.webmd.com/parenting/baby/ne ... olic-study

https://www.amazon.com/Mommys-Bliss-Pro ... HNNES?th=1

This is a good brand too. Keep it in the fridge and mix in a bottle with some formula.

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:59 pm Sounds like colic. I call it baby- doesn't- know- what's- wrongitis. Or baby hates being helpless-itis. There are all kinds of remedies to try. Swaddling. Massage. Bicycling the legs to get rid of gas. Burping him. Whiskey (for you). I see you've tried those things. Taking my son outside and walking so he could see things helped. sometimes you've got to ride it out. It gets better as they get older.
Someone told me about a rice glove trick in going to try that while swaddling him.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Guest wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:17 pm
Pjmm wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:59 pm Sounds like colic. I call it baby- doesn't- know- what's- wrongitis. Or baby hates being helpless-itis. There are all kinds of remedies to try. Swaddling. Massage. Bicycling the legs to get rid of gas. Burping him. Whiskey (for you). I see you've tried those things. Taking my son outside and walking so he could see things helped. sometimes you've got to ride it out. It gets better as they get older.
Someone told me about a rice glove trick in going to try that while swaddling him.
You can warm the rice in a sock but be careful. I made the damn sock too hot. My son was older and pushed it off but yeah I felt terrible. Make sure you test it like my dumb ass didn't. I've never used mylicon drops but try them. Hope they help.
Spunky
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Gripe water. Maybe try some sugar water or peppermint water. I'm sorry, that makes it hard to bond. Good luck. It will get better.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Do you burp him before the bottle too? That can help.

If not, when my son would cry and nothing else was wrong, I'd swaddle him and just rock him till he fell asleep.
Locked Previous topicNext topic