I suck at decorating.

LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Have any of your ever worked a store decorating consultant? I have one coming to my house next Tuesday, I am curious what the experience is going to be like. The lady I scheduled on the phone though sounded really old, which scares me, maybe she won't understand my needs. I am sure they just want to sell you a bunch of stuff, but I guess we shall see!

My love of all styles, need for function, busy schedule & ADHD tendencies has left my house just a jumbled collection of furniture and styles with no cohesiveness & a ton of unfinished projects. I actually had a post on MC and was told I should burn my house down, the room was so bad, LOL. :lol:
flowerfunleah
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

I also super suck at decorating, my decor style with a 7yo and 3yo twins is called SURVIVAL lol so everything up high, nothing on the walls, etc etc but the rooms they aren't allowed in yet could use some decoration. My SIL is pretty good at decorating and moving things around AND keeping it functional and she's coming to stay with us for a few days in October so I'm gonna take advantage of her skills lol
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I would too!
flowerfunleah wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:29 pm I also super suck at decorating, my decor style with a 7yo and 3yo twins is called SURVIVAL lol so everything up high, nothing on the walls, etc etc but the rooms they aren't allowed in yet could use some decoration. My SIL is pretty good at decorating and moving things around AND keeping it functional and she's coming to stay with us for a few days in October so I'm gonna take advantage of her skills lol
Deleted User 114

Unread post

Only unofficially.. : )
RedBottoms

Unread post

Simple is best. Clean lines and surfaces-focus on minimal knickknacks and just a few focus pieces
Madeyemoody
Countess
Countess

Unread post

My home is not a show home, it’s decorated in a way that feels homey to me and my family, a lot of my stuff belonged to my mother who was super into decorating her house before she became sick. She used to be big on Home Interiors and Tender Hearts and her House was decorated in a rustic country theme.
Deleted User 172

Unread post

I hate decorating.
My current style is "omg what did you get all over my new couch".
Also "how did you get those balloons all wrapped up in the fan?"
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Join fb decorating groups. I have gotten a ton of great ideas from there. Decorating Love, The House Edit, White Walls, I love decorating. Those are a few.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Mine is rustic country. I also have a lot of antique furniture and antique farm implements.

I'd love to see pics if you're willing to share.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Madeyemoody
Countess
Countess

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:17 am Simple is best. Clean lines and surfaces-focus on minimal knickknacks and just a few focus pieces
I HATE Knick knacks! Hate them hate them!!!!! I have my moms curio cabinet and it has a few in there that I inherited. A few precious moments and like 3 of my moms favorite cherished teddies. But mainly it has my wedding stuff in there: our champagne flutes, cake cutting thingys, cake topper and a replica of my bouquet
Locked Previous topicNext topic