This makes me sad.

Guest 4

Unread post

I know that he’s not my child so I should stay out of it but it still makes me sad. My nephew who is 18 graduated in June. My sister mentioned how she convinced him to not go to college and work part time so she’s have a babysitter for her 4 younger children. My parents tried to do the same with me except for the having younger siblings to watch and it was housework, cooking, and whatever else needed to be done. I used student loans after my parents used the money they set aside for college after they decided I was doing such a great job. I feel bad that history is kind of repeating itself and my nephew is just going along with it to please his mother. I know I need to stay out of it and I am and will but it’s still sad.
libbylu
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Yes I think it’s sad too.
TrouserMouse
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

My 19 year old is in the same position. Instead of focusing on his own future, he's feeling obligated to provide free daycare for his dad's 5 year old son. It pisses me off and I've voiced my opinion, but I can't really do anything about it.

Only really shitty, selfish parents would put their child in that position.
That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

My sons have a friend who is in a similar position. They won't let her get her drivers license until she gets a job but she can't get a job until she can drive because there's nothing within walking distance. She's 18,just graduated from high school and wants to go to college but her parents are not supportive or helping her at all. She's pretty much stuck at home. It's so sad. I can't imagine treating my child that way.
EmilyH87
Regent
Regent

Unread post

That's pretty awful of your sister.
Dungeon & Dragons Shenanigans:
https://twitch.tv/teambonusaction
Guest 4

Unread post

EmilyH87 wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:33 pm That's pretty awful of your sister.
It really is.
RedBottoms

Unread post

Its sad all right and shitty parenting
Deleted User 638

Unread post

Think what your life would have been like if you hadn't stood up to your parents. Encourage your nephew to do the same. He's not obligated to throw away his future because of his mother's selfishness.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

MeAF wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:28 pm My sons have a friend who is in a similar position. They won't let her get her drivers license until she gets a job but she can't get a job until she can drive because there's nothing within walking distance. She's 18,just graduated from high school and wants to go to college but her parents are not supportive or helping her at all. She's pretty much stuck at home. It's so sad. I can't imagine treating my child that way.
I had that problem because at the time I really couldn't afford to add a teen boy to my policy. Now he is in a position to use public transportation to find work but at the time I said I'd drive him to a job. He's at college now but still has no car although he can drive. We can get him insurance now but I'd prefer he be working first or we'll be using money I have saved for him. Maybe the parents can't afford a car or college although I'd do everything I could if I were them.
Murdoc's Mistress
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Tell him his mom's litter isn't his responsibility. And I'd tell sis to grow the f**k up and arrange a real sitter.
You were born an original, don't die a copy.
Locked Previous topicNext topic