Are you afraid to tell a doctor or other medical personnel no to something?

Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Guest wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:12 pm
Smarties wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:08 pm
Guest wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:03 pm

I'm not arguing their right to have their own policies, but trying to convince a patient that it's an actual medical requirement across the board isn't right.

I dont think you read what I just wrote. "Standard" means typical.

Honestly this is a really weird thing for you to be complaining about. It's not that big of a deal. Your doctor didnt do anything wrong. If you didnt like her just see someone else.
What I'm saying is that I don't care if it's standard. Have your policy and stick to it. What's not right is to pretend like there's no way to get the pill without a pap, giving the impression that there's no choice or option but to get the pap if you want the pill, period. Yes, I do think that's wrong. Especially since it's incorrect. And I did stop seeing her. Like I said, I went to Planned Parenthood and got it.

If she didnt explicitly tell you, no, there is no doctor or clinic anywhere that will prescribe you birth control without these exact tests, then no, she didnt lie to you and she didnt do anything wrong and you're just being butthurt.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:46 pm Back in the day Planned Parenthood required I get a pap before they prescribed the Pill. I assumed it was their policy and didn't care. But we're talking 30 plus years ago. Now maybe doctors prescribe bc more freely. But yes I do say no to things.
My gyno has always required a pap to renew birth control also. I thought I was just crazy!
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/

Unread post

Smarties wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:15 pm

Honestly this is a really weird thing for you to be complaining about. It's not that big of a deal. Your doctor didnt do anything wrong. If you didnt like her just see someone else.
What I'm saying is that I don't care if it's standard. Have your policy and stick to it. What's not right is to pretend like there's no way to get the pill without a pap, giving the impression that there's no choice or option but to get the pap if you want the pill, period. Yes, I do think that's wrong. Especially since it's incorrect. And I did stop seeing her. Like I said, I went to Planned Parenthood and got it.

If she didnt explicitly tell you, no, there is no doctor or clinic anywhere that will prescribe you birth control with these exact tests, then no, she didnt lie to you and she didnt do anything wrong and you're just being butthurt.
You're right. She didn't technically say that. She just purposely made it sound that way and I'm glad I knew better. Others may not.

Unread post

If she didnt explicitly tell you, no, there is no doctor or clinic anywhere that will prescribe you birth control without these exact tests, then no, she didnt lie to you and she didnt do anything wrong and you're just being butthurt.
Why are you so contentious all the time? Almost every reply I see from you is rude and argumentative.
libbylu
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I’d have no problem with agreeing to a test.
Why would anyone object to test?
Here’s the thing: you don’t have a medical degree so why would you think you know more than your Doctor? That’s just strange.
Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Guest wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:19 pm

If she didnt explicitly tell you, no, there is no doctor or clinic anywhere that will prescribe you birth control with these exact tests, then no, she didnt lie to you and she didnt do anything wrong and you're just being butthurt.
You're right. She didn't technically say that. She just purposely made it sound that way and I'm glad I knew better. Others may not.

Oh well. Still doesnt mean she did something wrong because she tried to persuade you. Advocating for people to get tests the doctor thinks would be in their best medical interest is part of their job.

And since its relatively standard, again, her implying so wasnt wrong either.
Great

Unread post

libbylu wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:21 pm I’d have no problem with agreeing to a test.
Here’s the thing: you don’t have a medical degree so why would you think you know more than your Doctor? That’s just strange.
If I don't want a pap, I don't have to have one. I'd already had one recently enough and made the decision to not have another one.
libbylu
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Great wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:25 pm
libbylu wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:21 pm I’d have no problem with agreeing to a test.
If I don't want a pap, I don't have to have one. I'd already had one recently enough and made the decision to not have another one.
A Pap test detects cancer. It’s vitally important to get it caught early.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Great wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:25 pm
I guess in that instance I'd say I had one such and such ago I can get you the results. I just gave my dentist my last x-rays for example. And most likely your doctor would have accepted them and all is well. It would be odd if she didn't unless the pap was some time ago.

Unread post

Mhh every gyno I've ever been to has required me to have had a pap smear within the last 12 months in order to get birth control. Even when I was in another country....so I'm pretty sure she didn't just pull that requirement out of her ass.

If it's necessary is another question
Locked Previous topicNext topic