California strikes again!

Mammagoose
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

https://www.kcra.com/article/california ... e/22891246

So now we not only have to deal with the electric company not doing their job and making things safe but we have to pay for their negligence. Thank you California!
scemily526
Regent
Regent

Unread post

one of the reasons i seriously doubt i'll move back there
Reedusstalker

Unread post

Wow!!

In my city, we only had a sewage drain system. There wasn't a different one for storm water. The federal government told them if they didn't build a separate system for storm water, they would sue our city. So, the city raised everyone's water bills by almost 80 dollars to pay for the project.
Lotus
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Im in Sacramento as we speak heading home tomorrow. My daughter lives here. I dislike this state.
AsteroidStar
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

My Mom lives near Sacramento, and is on a fixed income. I hope this doesn't hurt her finances too much....
You might be a king or a lowly street sweeper, but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.
Mammagoose
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Reedusstalker wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:01 pm Wow!!

In my city, we only had a sewage drain system. There wasn't a different one for storm water. The federal government told them if they didn't build a separate system for storm water, they would sue our city. So, the city raised everyone's water bills by almost 80 dollars to pay for the project.
Our water bill was $75 every other month when we moved here 11 years ago. It's now a minimum of $130 every other month and they just decided to raise it another 70% to "fix the aging infrastructure" which is exactly what the first increase was for! Meanwhile my water pressure drops to 10psi but they don't care. I have to have a self priming pressure pump and a tank just so we can do things like shower and run the dishwasher.
I'm so done with this state but I'm afraid I'm stuck here. My kids are what keeps my dad going. If I take them away...
Reedusstalker

Unread post

Mammagoose wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:13 pm

Our water bill was $75 every other month when we moved here 11 years ago. It's now a minimum of $130 every other month and they just decided to raise it another 70% to "fix the aging infrastructure" which is exactly what the first increase was for! Meanwhile my water pressure drops to 10psi but they don't care. I have to have a self priming pressure pump and a tank just so we can do things like shower and run the dishwasher.
I'm so done with this state but I'm afraid I'm stuck here. My kids are what keeps my dad going. If I take them away...
Most of our family is here plus my husband has been at his job for 20 years next year. We are lifers for Ohio lol!!
Mammagoose
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

AsteroidStar wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:09 pm My Mom lives near Sacramento, and is on a fixed income. I hope this doesn't hurt her finances too much....
Make sure shes ln the care program and if she uses any medical devices that require electricity have her call that in too. They'll both give her discounts.
Other than that she can figure out if shes ln a time of use plan and not use electricity during those hours and sign up for smart days. Electricity is crazy expensive from 2 to 7 on smart days but it reduces your rate overall. I just turn everything off and go somewhere on those days.
That's the only way I can keep my summer bill under $300 for my 960 sq ft home. And now its going up again.
Madeyemoody
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Reedusstalker wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:14 pm
Mammagoose wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:13 pm

Most of our family is here plus my husband has been at his job for 20 years next year. We are lifers for Ohio lol!!
My sister is moving to Ohio in the next year and we’ve been planning to follow behind her shortly after! She’s moving to canton and we’ve been looking at the Marietta/Reno area.
Madeyemoody
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Op that sounds like such bullshit but at the same time I have no doubt that NYS would do some shit like that too. I’d be pissed!!!
Locked Previous topicNext topic