The Government isnt set up to help people

Anon

Unread post

I am a HHA, my client is disabled. In a wheel chair , paralyzed on one side of her body. She just started school . She is trying to get an education in a field that she can do in her situation. She applied for ssdi and is having to fight it because she was denied. Her dd just went off to college. My client applied for food stamp . She is being denied because she hasn't been approved for disability and since she is a college student she has to enter a work program. She cant work in the college work program. She goes to school 2 days a weeks and then goes to therapy 3 days a week out of town. She has to have transportation through Medicaid to pay for her transportion to therapy and she pays $1 a day for transportation to school . She is trying to improve herself but so she can support herself without welfare and is being denied help for a small amount of time. If she wasnt a college student she could provide a letter from her doctor stating she is disabled and unable to work but her being in college now they wont accept that now. But yet I see
People who can work but doesn't want too getting SSI and food stamps. It Is fucked up.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I would speak with a supervisor and ask how exactly she's supposed to find time to do the work program.

Here you can do either-you can go to school 20 hours a week or volunteer but they only make you if you get cash assistance, and if you are in the middle of applying for disability they don't make you at all.

Unread post

Does she have a degree she cant use or a career she cant physically do anymore? If not I do not feel bad for her

Unread post

Anon wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:50 pm I am a HHA, my client is disabled. In a wheel chair , paralyzed on one side of her body. She just started school . She is trying to get an education in a field that she can do in her situation. She applied for ssdi and is having to fight it because she was denied. Her dd just went off to college. My client applied for food stamp . She is being denied because she hasn't been approved for disability and since she is a college student she has to enter a work program. She cant work in the college work program. She goes to school 2 days a weeks and then goes to therapy 3 days a week out of town. She has to have transportation through Medicaid to pay for her transportion to therapy and she pays $1 a day for transportation to school . She is trying to improve herself but so she can support herself without welfare and is being denied help for a small amount of time. If she wasnt a college student she could provide a letter from her doctor stating she is disabled and unable to work but her being in college now they wont accept that now. But yet I see
People who can work but doesn't want too getting SSI and food stamps. It Is fucked up.
Im surprised as a HHA that you have never heard of invisable disabilities. Judgemental much?
Anon

Unread post

Guest wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:08 pm Does she have a degree she cant use or a career she cant physically do anymore? If not I do not feel bad for her
She had a career before the surgery that landed her in this position. She raised her dd on her own who is now in college. She can't walk, or drive or stand. She needs a job where she can sit and a place to work that is wheelchair assemble
Anon

Unread post

Guest wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:15 pm
Anon wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:50 pm I am a HHA, my client is disabled. In a wheel chair , paralyzed on one side of her body. She just started school . She is trying to get an education in a field that she can do in her situation. She applied for ssdi and is having to fight it because she was denied. Her dd just went off to college. My client applied for food stamp . She is being denied because she hasn't been approved for disability and since she is a college student she has to enter a work program. She cant work in the college work program. She goes to school 2 days a weeks and then goes to therapy 3 days a week out of town. She has to have transportation through Medicaid to pay for her transportion to therapy and she pays $1 a day for transportation to school . She is trying to improve herself but so she can support herself without welfare and is being denied help for a small amount of time. If she wasnt a college student she could provide a letter from her doctor stating she is disabled and unable to work but her being in college now they wont accept that now. But yet I see
Im surprised as a HHA that you have never heard of invisable disabilities. Judgemental much?
The people I am talking about are people I personally know. People who are capable of running the streets and doing drugs but they cant work. Bullshit. These people spend their SSI on drugs and sell their food stamps
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Guest wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:15 pm
I don't think Op is wrong. But it doesn't make sense that this woman qualifies for nothing, no grants no scholarships or cash for rent and books when plenty of able bodied college students can. I also don't know why she can't get disability. One can work so many hours with disability So college should be the same. She may have to appeal. I think everyone has to appeal at least once.

Unread post

Anon wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:35 pm
Guest wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:08 pm Does she have a degree she cant use or a career she cant physically do anymore? If not I do not feel bad for her
She had a career before the surgery that landed her in this position. She raised her dd on her own who is now in college. She can't walk, or drive or stand. She needs a job where she can sit and a place to work that is wheelchair assemble
What was her career and what is her level of education?
RedBottoms

Unread post

I agree with you. The system needs an overhaul. I would rather help someone a lot for a short period of time till they can become self sufficient and then not have to help them for the rest of their lives-than have to just lifetime support people.
madfoodie
Sparkles the Elf
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Yup. be darned if you want to better yourself.
i want candy!
Locked Previous topicNext topic