Paranormal Book Suggestions?

Deleted User 638

Unread post

My 12 year old has developed an interest in ghosts and asked me to order her a few books about them. She can't ask her friends for ideas because her friends either aren't interested in the topic or aren't allowed to read anything about the paranormal. I haven't read anything about ghosts since college. I'm no help. Any book suggestions on an advanced reading level that aren't too frightening for someone Beth's age would be appreciated.
Reedusstalker

Unread post

When I was younger, this was one my favorite books. I read it over and over again
Appointment with a Stranger
by Jean Thesman
Deeply self-conscious about her severe asthma attacks, high school student Keller Parrish finds solace in the company of an attractive but mysterious boy at a remote pond, unaware that he is an insubstantial echo of a forty-year-old tragedy.
Reedusstalker

Unread post

I will look up others for her and post them as I find them
Deleted User 638

Unread post

Reedusstalker wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 8:44 am I will look up others for her and post them as I find them
Thank you. The one you suggested sounds like something Beth would enjoy reading.
Lunachick1974
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

My son (11) is also interested in the paranormal. Here is a list of books that I found when I was looking for paranormal books for tweens
https://www.goodreads.com/shelf/show/teen-paranormal
Deleted User 638

Unread post

Lunachick1974 wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 12:56 pm My son (11) is also interested in the paranormal. Here is a list of books that I found when I was looking for paranormal books for tweens
https://www.goodreads.com/shelf/show/teen-paranormal
Thank you. Beth and I will be using this list.
eyes4ears
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

In the area i live there are many books especially written about hauntings and ghost of the area.
Maybe you could find some of these types of books, I have read several and they were pretty good reads.
Deleted User 638

Unread post

eyes4ears wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:28 am In the area i live there are many books especially written about hauntings and ghost of the area.
Maybe you could find some of these types of books, I have read several and they were pretty good reads.
That's a good idea. There were several major Civil War battles not too far from us. I'll search tonight for stories about them. Thank you for the idea.
Deleted User 114

Unread post

Following for suggestions.. : )
Deleted User 638

Unread post

Reedusstalker wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 8:43 am When I was younger, this was one my favorite books. I read it over and over again
Appointment with a Stranger
by Jean Thesman
Deeply self-conscious about her severe asthma attacks, high school student Keller Parrish finds solace in the company of an attractive but mysterious boy at a remote pond, unaware that he is an insubstantial echo of a forty-year-old tragedy.
My daughter found Appointment at our local library earlier this week. She loved it! Beth wanted me to thank you again for the suggestion. It slipped my mind until now:(
Locked Previous topicNext topic