*Update on friend going through custody battle*

Unread post

This is an update post on the " how stupid could you be" post, as I was asked to do so.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=942&p=31544&hilit=h ... uld#p31544

The court date was yesterday. She said that the whole ordeal went pretty smoothly. They showed up to find out that her Ex's " high powered " attorney didnt even show up. He sent someone else in his place. My friends attorney took the other attorney representing the ex aside before the court hearing to go over the damning evidence they had against his clients character. Apparently, he wasnt informed of all this, nor was the ex nformed that my friend had these texts and other statements as well. In addition to what I said in the other post, my friend also found out that the ex was holding all the kids progress reports from her as well. He was going to argue that the kids are not doing well in school and that it was because she was not a fit parent due to her mental illness. Only that wouldnt have worked for him, because she had been speaking to the teachers about her kids struggles in school and they have been talking about getting him tested for dyslexia. His attorney then advised him that it would be best to settle things with a mediator instead of in court, which some how they were able to do that day, it just took a lot longer. What he had ultimately been seeking, which was full custody and of course child support, was denied. They found out that he did not report his earnings accuratly nor the fact that he had recently had a significant pay raise. So now my friend has primary custody, her ex is ordered to pay 25% in child support, plus the back child support and also my friends legal fees. I swear this is a book that needs to be wrote to teach people not to go proding a beast lol. Before he started rattling the cages and using the court system to get back at her for not taking him back, he was paying less than 15% in child support and no back support. Now he gets his kids less, has to pay more in child support and has to pay court fees as well. Not that he didnt deserve it, but if I was him I would be thinking about taking that "high powered" attourney of his to court. Clearly he got took.
GUESTS 222

Unread post

He did not get "taken"
eyes4ears
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

The mighty has fallen.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Her lawyer should have laid it all out for the judge to ream her ex over. Dude got off easy.
AubreeGrace17
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

He is still a F***ing idiot lol.
Locked Previous topicNext topic