Line courtesy in public

Unread post

In lines in public are you courteous? I have 6 kids so at amusement parks I wait in line while they ride one ride they find me when they are done then I go wait in line for the next ride they want to take. They are middle school and teenagers & a 2 yo OOPPPS!

At sams club today I had 4 of the 6 kids including the 2yo. Our size family always requires at least 2 carts. We get to the check out and there are the same amount of people in just about every line. My ds and I decided to wait in two separate lines then whichever moved quicker the other person would get in that quicker line. We also do this at the regular grocery store never have a problem. So after a few minutes my sons line moved and he was next so I pushed my cart in front of him scanning my card then my items. Some guy behind him starts making a scene. At the same time my 2 yo is shrieking a happy shriek but still annoying which is another reason we needed to check out fast! I’m ignoring the man and continue quickly scanning my items. He’s going off telling my kids “your mom is doing something bad right now she shouldn’t be doing what she did”. My kids are confused because they clearly see their mom scanning the groceries we just picked out which isn’t a crime. Meanwhile the original line I was in is completely gone and he continued to rant and even went over to 3 front end employees which I deal with on a regular basis and am very friendly with as I shop here often for my big family. One gentleman I tip when I’m alone and he helps me bring my extra cart to my car. The employees just let the man speak and did nothing to me. He goes to check out with his 3 items grumbling about me the whole time. 🙄. He leaves and I’m about to scan my coupons & pay. Well the three employees came over apologizing for his behavior and said that technically since I had 4 kids with me I could have had a kid stand in each line and there’s still nothing wrong with our entire order checking out at whichever register became available first. The guy was wearing riding boots and motorcycle gear so I’m guessing he had some compartment to put his grapes & other 2 small items in. An employee walked out with us to be sure he wouldn’t harass me in the parking lot.

So do you try to save time in lines? If you saw someone do what we do would you be pissed off?

Unread post

I would consider that rude. I’d consider the amusement park thing rude as well.
Ilovemydaughter06
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Guest wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:13 pm I would consider that rude. I’d consider the amusement park thing rude as well.
Me too.
KaiandKadensMama
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Yes, what you’re doing is rude. Most theme parks have a policy stating you can’t hold places in line for others, as line jumping is not permitted. The cart thing sucks. Coming into line with an entire second cart is basically cutting.

Unread post

Are you a family of 8? I don’t have all day
Lolabearlow
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Could and should are two different words. People choose lines based on how many people are there (like you did) and aren't expecting people to walk up with another cartload.

It's kind of a dick move.
Bubelah
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

You must be reeeeeally bored tonight!

Unread post

Rude as f**k.
Expect more confrontations.

Unread post

Guest wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:13 pm I would consider that rude. I’d consider the amusement park thing rude as well.
This. I get it. I have a big family too, but I try to teach mine to be respectful to others.
Vanillacupcake
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Guest wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:11 pm

He leaves and I’m about to scan my coupons & pay.

So do you try to save time in lines? If you saw someone do what we do would you be pissed off?
You messed up. Sam's doesn't take coupons.

TROLL!!!

And a bad one at that.
download.png
download.png (11.02 KiB) Viewed 634 times
Locked Previous topicNext topic