Are your kids bullied in school?

scemily526
Regent
Regent

Unread post

If so, what is done about it? Do the bullies receive no discipline because they're students with rights too, and can get away with it?
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Nothing ever happens. The bully comes from a poor background...dad isn't in the picture, blah F***ing blah. Several years ago the principal tried to appeal to my soft side after I threatened to file assault charges on this brat.

They preach "no tolerance" but it's all bullshit.
scemily526
Regent
Regent

Unread post

jas wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:06 am Nothing ever happens. The bully comes from a poor background...dad isn't in the picture, blah F***ing blah. Several years ago the principal tried to appeal to my soft side after I threatened to file assault charges on this brat.

the 'no tolerance' policy was obama era policy rollback-- he made it so all students have rights, regardless of bullying behavior
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

scemily526 wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:19 am
jas wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:06 am Nothing ever happens. The bully comes from a poor background...dad isn't in the picture, blah F***ing blah. Several years ago the principal tried to appeal to my soft side after I threatened to file assault charges on this brat.

the 'no tolerance' policy was obama era policy rollback-- he made it so all students have rights, regardless of bullying behavior
They're still preaching it. Middle school orientation, "no tolerance for bullies is our #1 priority"... more bullshit.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

She was by a girl in 4th grade. It started almost immediately. My daughter was the new girl and the teacher kept using her as an example to the class (Class, see how A is quietly doing her work?) and it made this other girl jealous. I notified the guidance counselor in October that this kid was bullying mine. All she did was have the two girls in her office to 'talk it over' and the bullying continued. I asked her teachers to keep the two separated, didn't work. Finally in December, the girl was on a roll and I documented her bullying in all of her classes (the kids switched classrooms for different subjects) and took it to the principal. As soon as I presented the documented bullying to the principal, she put a stop to it. She told the child that if there was one more incident she would be pulled from the classroom. There was and she was. In hindsight, I wish I had gotten the principal involved sooner. The girl had all her teachers fooled and they couldn't believe that she was bullying my kid. Even though this child was the 4th grade bully and bullied other kids as well. She always made sure that the teacher's attention was elsewhere before she bullied, though so the teachers never saw it.
RedBottoms

Unread post

Not in awhile. They were bullied badly at their first elementary school. It was full of a bunch of little jock kids and their yuppie helicopter parents and it was a bad environment for anyone that did not fit that mold. My son that dances was bullied and called gay and girly etc for dancing. He was also bullied for random things.

My special needs son was bullied constantly. The kids had a game where they would see who can make my son get upset and meltdown first. I was even bullied by the other yuppie parents who ran their mouths about me constantly and got in my face and yelled at me at a class party because they were not allowed to bring in their unapproved baked goods due to food allergy rules.

I reported all bullying to teachers and the Principal and nothing was ever done. My son got in trouble for reacting but they never punished the kids for antagonizing him on purpose either. The parents were not in trouble either for walking around the school all day gossiping about people's kids. I even made an official complaint to Central Office about all of it and still nothing was done.

So we switched schools and it was a Title 1 school and we had no problems there. Parents there are too busy working to be gossiping all day and being bitches. The kids were nice to my kids and gave them a chance and were respectful.

My special needs son is at middle school with the same kids and doing fine. My other son got into a creative arts magnet school for dance and he has no trouble there either since its all artsy high achieving kids.
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

scemily526 wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:02 am If so, what is done about it? Do the bullies receive no discipline because they're students with rights too, and can get away with it?
They had moments that they were. School handled it quickly and efficiently. Bullies were severely punished, calls were made to parents. The school is absolutely no nonsense about bullying.
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

So far, no.
LuluJa
Countess
Countess

Unread post

My biggest worry.
Guest1

Unread post

So far it was only in 3rd grade. The kid targeted not only my kid, but everyone in the class who got praised by the teacher that day for "going above an beyond". His teacher did her best to put a stop to it, even prasing the kid when he had a great day too, but nothing seemed to work for long. When he had stopped for a while we ended up moving out of state, so Im not sure what happened to him after that. I do know his teacher and the principal were tired of him and his attitude. I only know cause I overheard them trying to get a hold of parents in the office one day and were a little too loud with their complaining.
Locked Previous topicNext topic